Eastman Unveils ASPIRA One Polymer, A Recyclable Extrusion Blow Molded Resin for Beverage Packaging
Eastman Chemical Company announced the addition of Aspira One polymer to its portfolio of resins. Carrying resin identification code 1 (RIC 1), Aspira One is tailored specifically for EBM processes and packaging applications such as clear handleware and large-size bottles, the company says. As a new polyethylene terephthalate (PET) polymer, it is sustainable, as it is compatible in the PET recycle stream and therefore carries RIC 1. Aspira One received resin recognition from the Association of Postconsumer Plastic Recyclers (APR) in July 2012 for meeting the PET Bottle Critical Guidance Document protocol, according to Eastman Chemical.
Aspira One enables the design of clear and glossy containers, such as handles, through-holes and other features that can only be obtained by the EBM process. The material is free of bisphenol A and halogens, and the crystal-clear clarity of Aspira One allows consumers to see the contents of their packages.
Energy Manager News
- Microgrids, Now Mainstream, Continue to Advance
- Developing Economies Increasing their Share of Renewable Capacity
- LG Chem In Big German Battery Project
- ERC: Electricity Price Trends for the Week Ending Nov. 20
- PUCO: ‘Fixed Means Fixed’ in Retail Contracts
- FERC Requires Reports on Price Formation
- Viridian Energy Moves into Texas Market
- PUC Approves PPL’s 6.1% Rate Hike