Eastman Unveils ASPIRA One Polymer, A Recyclable Extrusion Blow Molded Resin for Beverage Packaging
Eastman Chemical Company announced the addition of Aspira One polymer to its portfolio of resins. Carrying resin identification code 1 (RIC 1), Aspira One is tailored specifically for EBM processes and packaging applications such as clear handleware and large-size bottles, the company says. As a new polyethylene terephthalate (PET) polymer, it is sustainable, as it is compatible in the PET recycle stream and therefore carries RIC 1. Aspira One received resin recognition from the Association of Postconsumer Plastic Recyclers (APR) in July 2012 for meeting the PET Bottle Critical Guidance Document protocol, according to Eastman Chemical.
Aspira One enables the design of clear and glossy containers, such as handles, through-holes and other features that can only be obtained by the EBM process. The material is free of bisphenol A and halogens, and the crystal-clear clarity of Aspira One allows consumers to see the contents of their packages.
Energy Manager News
- Commercial Refrigeration Benefits from Efficiency and Environmental Efforts
- TechNavio Releases Commercial AC Report
- Dubuque Meeting Hears About Energy Audits
- Science-Based Targets Inspire a Smarter Investment Strategy in Retail
- Missouri Lawmakers Resume Debate on Utility Rate Hikes
- Wake Forest Drops Its Residential and C&I Electric Rates
- Submissions Now Accepted for Energy Manager Today Awards
- New York City Study Conclusion: Benchmarking Works