Eastman Unveils ASPIRA One Polymer, A Recyclable Extrusion Blow Molded Resin for Beverage Packaging
Eastman Chemical Company announced the addition of Aspira One polymer to its portfolio of resins. Carrying resin identification code 1 (RIC 1), Aspira One is tailored specifically for EBM processes and packaging applications such as clear handleware and large-size bottles, the company says. As a new polyethylene terephthalate (PET) polymer, it is sustainable, as it is compatible in the PET recycle stream and therefore carries RIC 1. Aspira One received resin recognition from the Association of Postconsumer Plastic Recyclers (APR) in July 2012 for meeting the PET Bottle Critical Guidance Document protocol, according to Eastman Chemical.
Aspira One enables the design of clear and glossy containers, such as handles, through-holes and other features that can only be obtained by the EBM process. The material is free of bisphenol A and halogens, and the crystal-clear clarity of Aspira One allows consumers to see the contents of their packages.
Energy Manager News
- US Military Taking No Risks by Going Green, Saving Lives and Energy
- Affordable Housing Pushes Energy Efficiency
- Controlling Air Conditioners
- ZTE, Tancent Develop Modular Data Center
- First Quarter 2016: Green Energy Growing Faster than Natural Gas
- Delmarva Power Asks for Over $80M in Electric and Gas Base Rate Hikes
- Florida Supreme Court Puts Kibosh on FPL Fracking Charge
- Restaurant Supply Company Bakes Energy Efficiency into New Facility