Emergency Services ‘Increasingly Charging’ for Spill Clean-Up
Union Township, N.J., recently adopted an ordinance that for the first time enables the township to bill trucking companies and others responsible for hazmat spills. The Union Township ordinance allows for recovery of costs for personnel, including workers’ compensation, benefits and administrative time; equipment and materials such as fire suppression foam and chemical agents; and protective clothing and gear used at the scene of incidents.
Energy Manager News
- Utilities Reaching Out Through Analytics
- Waste-to-Fuel Technology in the U.K.
- Singapore to Look at Placing Datacenters in Hot, Humid Environments
- Dynegy Files to Move Illinois Into ‘Single, Competitive Power Market’
- IRRC Jettisons Pennsylvania PUC’s Controversial Cap on Net Metering
- Energy Storage: It’s About the Software
- MIT Develops Promising New Battery Storage Technology
- India Launches Net-Zero Building Portal