DSM Tracks Sustainability Data at 110 Sites
Royal DSM is using Credit360’s web-based sustainability software to collect environmental data across its entire business, covering 110 sites in over 40 countries, and to communicate data down to the production line level.
DSM is a global company active in the health, nutrition and materials sectors. By using Credit360’s sustainability data management system, it aims to gather, analyze and communicate environmental data at a detailed enough level to distinguish between multiple business groups operating in a single site. The company will calculate its carbon footprint using Credit360’s Carbon Disclosure Project accredited system, which includes a library of emission factors.
Environmental data has been part of DSM’s sustainability reports since the early 1990s. Over the past two years, this information has been presented together with financial data in the company’s integrated annual report.
According to Credit360, companies are moving their sustainability tracking away from resource-intensive and error-prone Excel spreadsheets, to specialist software solutions. However, recent research from Groom Energy found the number of large companies buying software to aid in their sustainability tracking and reporting in the last two years is “considerably lower” than earlier estimates and, while the market will continue to grow, it will be at a slower rate than previously expected.
Energy Manager News
- Commercial Refrigeration Benefits from Efficiency and Environmental Efforts
- TechNavio Releases Commercial AC Report
- Dubuque Meeting Hears About Energy Audits
- Science-Based Targets Inspire a Smarter Investment Strategy in Retail
- Missouri Lawmakers Resume Debate on Utility Rate Hikes
- Wake Forest Drops Its Residential and C&I Electric Rates
- Submissions Now Accepted for Energy Manager Today Awards
- New York City Study Conclusion: Benchmarking Works