DuPont Tool Compares Packaging Sealants
The online modeling tool, which is used in combination with DuPont’s Sealant Value Estimator tool, pinpoints potential sealant resin options and then compares their value-in-use in terms of reduced packaging failures and waste.
Users can enter criteria and rank their importance, such as converting process attributes, packaging form requirements, end-use conditions and other property needs, DuPont Packaging & Industrial Polymers said. The tool then compares the hypothetical performance of many typical sealants.
The online tool also offers base-case idea starters for sealing solutions in typical applications, including pharmaceutical, meat and dairy packaging. Technical data is available for download as well.
DuPont said its suite of online tools, which includes one that simplifies tie-layer selection, aims to complement in-person technical consultation.
A study released this month by Packaging World and DuPont found sustainability will replace cost as one of the packaging industry’s major challenges within 10 years. In the 2012 Survey of Future Packaging Trends, 59 percent of respondents said cost is the top factor driving the industry today.
The study, which surveyed 500 industry professionals, indicated cost would fall 28 percent in terms of importance, below factors such as sustainability at 51 percent and food safety and security at 37 percent, in both Europe and North America.
Energy Manager News
- Microgrids, Now Mainstream, Continue to Advance
- Developing Economies Increasing their Share of Renewable Capacity
- LG Chem In Big German Battery Project
- ERC: Electricity Price Trends for the Week Ending Nov. 20
- PUCO: ‘Fixed Means Fixed’ in Retail Contracts
- FERC Requires Reports on Price Formation
- Viridian Energy Moves into Texas Market
- PUC Approves PPL’s 6.1% Rate Hike