ABS Releases Environmental Management Software
ABS, a provider of classification services to the marine and offshore industry, announced the release of the new Energy & Environmental Manager module within NS5 Enterprise, an asset management software suite. This module complements the ABS portfolio of services that help owners and operators meet the environmental and operational demands faced by the maritime industry.
Energy efficiency, emission controls and ballast water management regulations are impacting the amount of information an owner or operator is required to capture in its day-to-day operations, while rising fuel costs and anticipated environmental requirements are forcing owners and operators to find ways to improve efficiencies. A key objective of the Energy & Environmental Manager is to help owners and operators realize more environmentally sound voyage management by tracking and recording key voyage-related events, including fuel and lube oil consumption, fuel oil switching, cargo information and ballast activities, says ABS. The company says its module makes it easy to track, trend, and report the information required for various regulation requirements, including Ship Energy Efficiency Management Plans, ballast water management and MARPOL VI (fuel switching). The Energy & Environmental Manager also trends performance data at a ship and fleet level, allowing users to maximize operational efficiencies.
Energy Manager News
- Senators National Energy Policy Vision Leads to a Hopeful Future
- Google Builds Data Center on Site of Old Coal Plant
- EPA Honors 3 Facilities for Combined Heat and Power
- Cheese Factory Installs Anaerobic Digestion
- Certification Program Established for Green Button Standard
- Diesel Genset Market to Reach $68B by 2024, Navigant Says
- Emulsion Mist Collectors Designed for Heavy Industry
- IKEA Plugs In Fuel Cells at California Store