ABS Releases Environmental Management Software
ABS, a provider of classification services to the marine and offshore industry, announced the release of the new Energy & Environmental Manager module within NS5 Enterprise, an asset management software suite. This module complements the ABS portfolio of services that help owners and operators meet the environmental and operational demands faced by the maritime industry.
Energy efficiency, emission controls and ballast water management regulations are impacting the amount of information an owner or operator is required to capture in its day-to-day operations, while rising fuel costs and anticipated environmental requirements are forcing owners and operators to find ways to improve efficiencies. A key objective of the Energy & Environmental Manager is to help owners and operators realize more environmentally sound voyage management by tracking and recording key voyage-related events, including fuel and lube oil consumption, fuel oil switching, cargo information and ballast activities, says ABS. The company says its module makes it easy to track, trend, and report the information required for various regulation requirements, including Ship Energy Efficiency Management Plans, ballast water management and MARPOL VI (fuel switching). The Energy & Environmental Manager also trends performance data at a ship and fleet level, allowing users to maximize operational efficiencies.
Energy Manager News
- Three Trends Align to Save Buildings Millions in Energy Costs
- Law Bars Energy Providers from Charging Early Termination Fees in the Event of Death
- Corporations Spend Big on Ballot Initiatives, Crushing Ratepayer Opposition
- Texas Retailer Offers Instant Rebate for Rooftop Solar, Offers High Credits for Excess Solar
- Local, State and the Federal Government Excel at Energy Efficiency
- CA, MA Tie for ACEEE Top Spot
- Integrated Dimmer/LED from Energy Focus
- In Duluth, This Month’s Utility Bills Include a Little Something Extra