ABS Releases Environmental Management Software
ABS, a provider of classification services to the marine and offshore industry, announced the release of the new Energy & Environmental Manager module within NS5 Enterprise, an asset management software suite. This module complements the ABS portfolio of services that help owners and operators meet the environmental and operational demands faced by the maritime industry.
Energy efficiency, emission controls and ballast water management regulations are impacting the amount of information an owner or operator is required to capture in its day-to-day operations, while rising fuel costs and anticipated environmental requirements are forcing owners and operators to find ways to improve efficiencies. A key objective of the Energy & Environmental Manager is to help owners and operators realize more environmentally sound voyage management by tracking and recording key voyage-related events, including fuel and lube oil consumption, fuel oil switching, cargo information and ballast activities, says ABS. The company says its module makes it easy to track, trend, and report the information required for various regulation requirements, including Ship Energy Efficiency Management Plans, ballast water management and MARPOL VI (fuel switching). The Energy & Environmental Manager also trends performance data at a ship and fleet level, allowing users to maximize operational efficiencies.
Stay Up-to-Date On Environmental Management, Energy & Sustainability News with EL's Free Daily Newsletter
Energy Manager News
- Energy Storage in the Fast Lane
- Alberta Firm Aims for Energy Neutral Egg Laying Barn
- The Department of Energy Seeks to Improve the Better Buildings Challenge
- Behind the Meter: The Many Advantages of Energy Benchmarking
- Telecommunications Companies Upgrade Their Approaches to Energy
- Cutting Energy Use in Fire Stations
- Revolution Lighting Signs School Districts in NY, NJ
- Green Building Boom Is Pumping Billions into US Economy, Retrofits Are Fueling the Trend