Melitta Switches to Recycled Sonoco Coffee Cans
The Sonoco collaboration formed part of the snack foods company’s “Naturally Remarkable” campaign, launched in 2011 to raise awareness of sustainable farming practices.
In December last year, the packaging company designed a rigid, paper-based can that is capable of carrying liquid and results in a 20 percent reduction in greenhouse emissions during production over its metal predecessor. The container was designed specifically for a supplier of vehicle fluids looking to replace its costly metal container.
Energy Manager News
- Clauses to Consider in Green Leases
- Bahama Yacht Club to Generate Power from Solid Waste
- Duke Energy, USF Launch Solar Battery Research Initiative
- Energy Storage Helps Hotel Reduce Demand Charges by 10%
- EU Smart Campus Pilot Achieves 30% Energy Savings
- Uline to Operate 130 GenDrive Fuel Cell Units from Plug Power
- Los Angeles Shopping Center Installs 504 kW Solar
- SustainCo Wins $575,000 Contract for Energy Management Controls