Melitta Switches to Recycled Sonoco Coffee Cans
The Sonoco collaboration formed part of the snack foods company’s “Naturally Remarkable” campaign, launched in 2011 to raise awareness of sustainable farming practices.
In December last year, the packaging company designed a rigid, paper-based can that is capable of carrying liquid and results in a 20 percent reduction in greenhouse emissions during production over its metal predecessor. The container was designed specifically for a supplier of vehicle fluids looking to replace its costly metal container.
Energy Manager News
- Saving Energy – In the Restroom
- UAB Getting First Solar Array
- California is Among the National Leaders in Energy Efficiency and Economic Gains
- Westerly, RI, Making Moves to Improve Municipal Efficiency
- SCE&G Customers to See Lower Bills, Renewable Energy Charge Starting in May
- Marin Clean Energy Could Cut Rates As Seven More Cities Join
- ASHRAE Looks at Energy Efficiency in a World Without Price Tags
- New York City Goes Big on Solar