Melitta Switches to Recycled Sonoco Coffee Cans
The Sonoco collaboration formed part of the snack foods company’s “Naturally Remarkable” campaign, launched in 2011 to raise awareness of sustainable farming practices.
In December last year, the packaging company designed a rigid, paper-based can that is capable of carrying liquid and results in a 20 percent reduction in greenhouse emissions during production over its metal predecessor. The container was designed specifically for a supplier of vehicle fluids looking to replace its costly metal container.
Stay Up-to-Date On Environmental Management, Energy & Sustainability News with EL's Free Daily Newsletter
Energy Manager News
- Technology Creates a Brighter Future for Small and Mid-Sized Commercial Solar Investments
- Incentive Program Helps Companies Afford Energy Managers
- ARPA-E Issues Grants for Solar Modules
- C-PACE Financing Innovation to Help Connecticut Green Energy Sector
- Orion Wins School District Contracts, Increases Chances for Incentives
- Study: Smartest ‘Smart Building’ Owners Come from Retail, Manufacturing, Construction
- Low Cost IoT Solutions, Data Driven Analytics to Propel Energy Mgmt Market
- A Clean Energy Future in Sight