Quintain to Track Emissions From All Properties
Quintain Estates & Development, the British-based property investment and development business, says it will begin tracking and managing its energy consumption and carbon emissions across its property portfolio.
Quintain, which has two major developments at Wembley (pictured) and Greenwich and $3.5 billion of assets under management, has selected Greenstone Carbon Management to help reduce its carbon footprint.
Greenstone’s carbon management software Acco2unt can measure the consumption and associated emissions of each of Quintain’s properties and identify opportunities for improvement. The software allows Quintain to calculate, monitor and analyze carbon emissions from energy, along with waste and water data, for each property. The application also tracks corporate travel.
The online software can provide flexible analysis dashboards, which will allow Quintain to compare properties and identify consumption hot spots for energy and water use. Reduction targets can be set for properties, with performance monitored over time, Quintain said.
The software also can display half-hourly energy data in Quintain’s building foyers, as a way to engage tenants and encourage them to reduce their consumption, Quintain said.
In June, the UK government mandated all companies listed on the London Stock Exchange’s main market to publish the full details of their greenhouse gas emissions. Quintain is an LSE-listed company.
All LSE-listed businesses will have to report total greenhouse gases for the year beginning April 2013. The regulations will be reviewed in 2015, before ministers decide whether to extend the approach to all large companies from 2016.
Energy Manager News
- Featured Project of the Year: Atlas Box Deploys Digital Lumens for Energy Intelligence
- Businesses Find that It’s Possible to Save Money–and the Environment
- Duquesne Light Building Experimental Microgrid
- Las Cruces Moving to LEDs, Solar
- Intelligence and Automation to Drive Growth of Smart Cities
- Energy Manager Today Product & Project of the Year Award Winners Announced
- Mobility, The IoT Gradually Transform HVAC
- Bill Gates-Led Group, India Establishing Energy Funds