SAP Launches Cloud-Based Compliance Software
SAP Product Stewardship Network (screenshot pictured) allows manufacturers to collaborate with suppliers and collect detailed information about the substances that make up their products. The product is aimed at discrete manufacturers, such as producers of electronic or medical equipment, and allows customers to quickly work with suppliers to make sure that banned substances are excluded from their products, SAP says.
Rather than rely on numerous back-and-forth emails across the supply chain, the product allows suppliers and manufacturers to collaborate immediately, SAP says. They can quickly work together to make the appropriate disclosures, find the right substitutes or adapt product designs based on available, compliant materials.
SAP has also introduced SAP EHS Regulatory Documentation OnDemand, a content service to manage what SAP describes as the often “painstaking and expensive” process of creating regulatory documentation. Process industries such as chemical or pharmaceutical manufacturers must continuously develop and update safety data sheets and labels to stay in compliance. A midsize chemical manufacturer can spend up to $3 million yearly on this time-consuming business process, SAP says.
By networking with the customer’s on-premise EHS software, the content service from SAP takes product data, generates country-specific data sheets and labels in the cloud and then delivers the documents back to the customer. By keeping users current with changes in global regulations, SAP estimates that the content service can decrease ongoing safety data sheet costs by up to 50 percent and free up precious resources to focus on more strategic projects.
Stay Up-to-Date On Environmental Management, Energy & Sustainability News with EL's Free Daily Newsletter
Energy Manager News
- Cooling System Eliminates Chemicals by ‘Pulsing’ the Water
- Ensuring Renewable Energy Goals Become a Reality in the Caribbean
- Dunkin’ Donuts Distributor Updates with LEDs
- Grid Forecasting Tool Combines 5 Different Models
- Verizon Introduces Smart Energy-as-a-Service
- Energy Efficiency Saves $750,000 per Year for Civic Center
- Biomass Supplements Output of Geothermal Power Plant
- Schneider Uniflair LE Room Cooling Series Receives DOE Certification for Energy Efficiency