SAP Launches Cloud-Based Compliance Software
SAP Product Stewardship Network (screenshot pictured) allows manufacturers to collaborate with suppliers and collect detailed information about the substances that make up their products. The product is aimed at discrete manufacturers, such as producers of electronic or medical equipment, and allows customers to quickly work with suppliers to make sure that banned substances are excluded from their products, SAP says.
Rather than rely on numerous back-and-forth emails across the supply chain, the product allows suppliers and manufacturers to collaborate immediately, SAP says. They can quickly work together to make the appropriate disclosures, find the right substitutes or adapt product designs based on available, compliant materials.
SAP has also introduced SAP EHS Regulatory Documentation OnDemand, a content service to manage what SAP describes as the often “painstaking and expensive” process of creating regulatory documentation. Process industries such as chemical or pharmaceutical manufacturers must continuously develop and update safety data sheets and labels to stay in compliance. A midsize chemical manufacturer can spend up to $3 million yearly on this time-consuming business process, SAP says.
By networking with the customer’s on-premise EHS software, the content service from SAP takes product data, generates country-specific data sheets and labels in the cloud and then delivers the documents back to the customer. By keeping users current with changes in global regulations, SAP estimates that the content service can decrease ongoing safety data sheet costs by up to 50 percent and free up precious resources to focus on more strategic projects.
Energy Manager News
- ERC: Electricity Price Trends for the Week Ending June 26
- Final Energy Conservation Standards for Packaged Terminal Air Conditioners Mirror ASHRAE/IES Standard 90.1-2013
- Seeley International Acquires Coolerado
- Joule Assets Becomes Demand Response Provider in Texas
- Excalibur Energy Becomes Preferred Supplier for Facilities Management Firm
- Product Warranty Covers Both Insulated Roof Panels, Solar PV
- Combining Solar with Ground Heat Pump Is Energy, Cost Efficient
- Current Clamps Measure Energy for Small Businesses