Online Tool Calculates Health Benefits, Economic Value of Climate Change Efforts
AirCounts, a new online tool to help large and medium-sized cities calculate the health benefits and monetary value of air quality improvements, was introduced by developer Abt Associates.
“As cities across the globe begin establishing climate change policies and programs that include improving air quality, they’ll need to answer questions about the health benefits and economic value that can be realized from those programs,” said Mike Conti, vice president of Abt Associates’ Environment & Resources Division.
The interactive website, part of Abt’s group of climate change solution methods and tools, enables users to determine how many premature deaths can be avoided and the associated economic benefits in the world’s largest cities, including all C40 Cities, as a result of emissions reductions.
Visitors to AirCounts can choose any city and see its profile, including its fine particulate matter (PM2.5) level, the city’s population, income per capita and adult mortality rate. By using the online calculator, they can determine the benefits of various levels of emissions reductions.
Stay Up-to-Date On Environmental Management, Energy & Sustainability News with EL's Free Daily Newsletter
Energy Manager News
- Using the IoT to Drive Power Plant Efficiency
- Three NJ Communities Say No to School HVAC System Upgrades
- ERC: Electricity Price Trends for the Week Ending September 24
- Researchers Make Gains on Combined Energy Systems, Heat Exchangers
- School Projects in MA, CO
- Pattern Energy Completes 200 MW Logan’s Gap Wind Facility in Texas
- Marine Corps Upgrading 37 Buildings at Camp Lejeune, N.C.
- Photovoltaic Projects in TN, CT