CH2M Hill, Tetra Tech Driving Global Environmental Consultant Market
CH2M Hill, Tetra Tech, URS Corporation, Golder Associates, AECOM and 15 other companies are spearheading the global environmental consulting industry with combined EC revenues of $10.6 billion in 2011, a 10.4 percent increase from the previous year, according to a report by Environment Analyst.
The value of the total global EC market reached $26.5 billion in 2011, up 4.1 percent from $25.4 billion in 2010, according to Global Environmental Consulting Strategies and Competitor Analysis 2012. The study forecast the global EC market will reach $31.4 billion by 2016.
The top 10 firms ranked in terms of gross global EC revenues are CH2M Hill, Tetra Tech Inc, URS Corporation, Golder Associates, AECOM, Environmental Resources Management (ERM), Arcadis, AMEC Environment & Infrastructure, MWH Global and Grontmij NV, according to the study. The next 10 are RPS Group, SKM Consulting, WorleyParsons, Parsons Brinckerhoff, Environ, Atkins, Mott MacDonald, WSP Environment and Energy, SLR and Coffey International.
Water and waste management services accounted for 30 percent of the global EC market in 2011, based on the top 20 firms’ aggregated EC revenues, according to the study.
Contaminated land services followed with 29 percent of the global EC market. Environmental management, compliance and due diligence together represented 14 percent, tying with the combined discipline of environmental impact assessment and sustainable development. Climate change and energy made up another 7.5 percent of the market.
The latest Environment Analyst study shows growth globally. However, at least one previous study by the group indicated a shrinking market in some areas. The UK environmental consulting market contracted 8.4 percent in 2010, according to the study released last year by the market research firm. At the time, Environment Analyst said prospects for 2011 were relatively flat.
A Verdantix study released last year found only a handful of firms – notably Deloitte and PricewaterhouseCoopers – have excelled when providing major companies with corporate-wide sustainability visions.
Energy Manager News
- Driving Energy Efficiency by Improving the Owner/Tenant Relationship
- Case Study: Fast Payback in New York City
- $8M Project to Upgrade Chillicothe (OH) Correctional Institute
- Three Trends Align to Save Buildings Millions in Energy Costs
- Law Bars Energy Providers from Charging Early Termination Fees in the Event of Death
- Corporations Spend Big on Ballot Initiatives, Crushing Ratepayer Opposition
- Texas Retailer Offers Instant Rebate for Rooftop Solar, Offers High Credits for Excess Solar
- Local, State and the Federal Government Excel at Energy Efficiency