Fresh Air Cools Facebook Data Center; Apple Doubles Fuel Cell Installation
Facebook’s new data center in Forest City, N.C. uses outside air to keep its servers cool, and says this direct expansion coil system remained off throughout most of the summer — one of the hottest on record.
Meanwhile, Apple has plans to double the size of its fuel cell installation at its new North Carolina data center.
Read more at Energy Manager Today.
Energy Manager News
- ERC Price Benchmark Trends Week Ending: October 21, 2016
- Could Cleaner Energy Save Ohio Ratepayers $50M in 2030, Alone?
- Yakima City Council Mulls Utility Rate Hike on Large Businesses to Bolster Reserve Fund
- Making Solar Inverters Smarter
- Unlocking the Power of Building Data
- Lockheed Martin Installs the GridStar Storage System at Syracuse Facility
- Schneider Electric Unveils Continuous Efficiency
- Avista Lauds ‘Fair’ Settlement in Idaho Rate Case