Fresh Air Cools Facebook Data Center; Apple Doubles Fuel Cell Installation
Facebook’s new data center in Forest City, N.C. uses outside air to keep its servers cool, and says this direct expansion coil system remained off throughout most of the summer — one of the hottest on record.
Meanwhile, Apple has plans to double the size of its fuel cell installation at its new North Carolina data center.
Read more at Energy Manager Today.
Energy Manager News
- In Duluth, This Month’s Utility Bills Include a Little Something Extra
- PSEG Surreptitiously Starts Retail Energy Supplier
- New Refrigerant Rules Will Have Long Term Impact
- Building Data Platform from Leviton
- Athens, OH, Nears $4.28M Retrofit Project
- ERC Price Benchmark Trends Week Ending: September 23, 2016
- Feds Asked to Reverse Montana PSC Decision on Solar Charges
- Energy Retailer Crius Acquires Assets of Verengo