Fresh Air Cools Facebook Data Center; Apple Doubles Fuel Cell Installation
Facebook’s new data center in Forest City, N.C. uses outside air to keep its servers cool, and says this direct expansion coil system remained off throughout most of the summer — one of the hottest on record.
Meanwhile, Apple has plans to double the size of its fuel cell installation at its new North Carolina data center.
Read more at Energy Manager Today.
Stay Up-to-Date On Environmental Management, Energy & Sustainability News with EL's Free Daily Newsletter
Energy Manager News
- General Mills: We’ll Invest $100M to Reduce Greenhouse Gas Emissions
- Oregon Correctional Institution Saves with LEDs
- ERC: Electricity Price Trends for the Week Ending August 28
- Columbus Energy Challenge Falling Short
- Building on Alaskan Campus Gets LEED Certification
- BT Group Launches Division to Help Property Owners
- Price of Renewables Approaching Fossil Fuels, Nuclear
- The Use of Renewables in Mining Operations