Environmental Executive Moves: Montana State, EPA, Deckers, EWG
Montana State University: The college has hired Kristin Blackler as its sustainability director. Blackler will begin her duties Jan. 9; she currently works as a program director at the Sustainability Solution Institute at the University of California San Diego.
EPA: Christopher Grundler has been promoted to director of the Office of Transportation and Air Quality, The Detroit News reports. He previously served as deputy director, and was named director of the office following the retirement of long-time EPA official Margo Oge.
EPA: Jose Font has been promoted to lead the EPA’s Caribbean Environmental Protection Division, covering Puerto Rico and the US Virgin Islands. Font had previously served as deputy director of the Caribbean Environmental Protection Division since 1997. He started his career with the EPA in 1984.
Environmental Working Group: The consumer advocacy and research organization has promoted Heather White to executive director. White has been the organization’s chief of staff and general counsel since 2009.
Environmental Defense Center: The advocacy group that works within California’s Santa Barbara, Ventura and San Luis Obispo counties has appointed Mark Heintz to its board of directors. Heintz is director of sustainability and corporate responsibility at Deckers Outdoor Corporation, the locally based footwear company whose brands include Teva and Ugg.
North Carolina: Gov.-Elect Pat McCrory has appointed John Skvarla to state secretary of environmental and natural resources, WFMY News 2 reports. Skvarla currently serves as CEO of Restoration Systems, an environmental restoration company based in Raleigh.
Stay Up-to-Date On Environmental Management, Energy & Sustainability News with EL's Free Daily Newsletter
Energy Manager News
- Greenskies Enlarges Wesleyan University’s Microgrid
- Pacific Power Names Three wattsmart Business Partners of the Year
- 2014 Better Than 2013 for Distributed Wind Turbines, But Far Below 2012
- Making Efficiency Attractive to Investors
- Hydrogen from Landfill Powers Forklifts at BMW Plant
- Big Energy Savings for Hoke, N.C., Schools
- Energy Savings Performance Contracts Unlock Deep Savings
- Technology Creates a Brighter Future for Small and Mid-Sized Commercial Solar Investments