DC, Virginia, Colorado Top List for LEED Certification
The US Green Building Council released its annual list of the top 10 states for new LEED certifications in 2012, and once again, the District of Columbia tops the ranking, with 36.97 square feet of LEED space certified per resident in 2012.
DC has rather unfair advantages of being a city rather than a state and having a high density of large federal buildings. Meanwhile, Virginia moved into position as the top state, with 3.71 square feet certified per resident in 2012, overtaking Colorado, with 2.10 square feet certified per person.
Read more at Energy Manager Today.
Energy Manager News
- Clauses to Consider in Green Leases
- Bahama Yacht Club to Generate Power from Solid Waste
- Duke Energy, USF Launch Solar Battery Research Initiative
- Energy Storage Helps Hotel Reduce Demand Charges by 10%
- EU Smart Campus Pilot Achieves 30% Energy Savings
- Uline to Operate 130 GenDrive Fuel Cell Units from Plug Power
- Los Angeles Shopping Center Installs 504 kW Solar
- SustainCo Wins $575,000 Contract for Energy Management Controls