Environmental Executive Moves: Ameripen, XL Group, SCS, Carbon Friendly, National Academy of Sciences
American Institute for Packaging and the Environment: The trade body’s first executive director Joan Pierce is stepping down. Her retirement is effective March 30. Pierce retired from Colgate-Palmolive at the end of 2011. A search for a new Ameripen head has already begun.
XL Group: Matthew V. O’Malley has been promoted to lead the environmental business of the company’s insurance operations. O’Malley previously served as head of Environmental Underwriting Operations, overseeing the business’ field operations and sales and marketing activities. He joined XL Group in 2004.
SCS Global Services: The third-party environmental and sustainability certification firm has named Stanley Mathuram as the new head of its furniture industry certification services. Before joining SCS, Mr. Mathuram worked for companies such as Michigan Steel, AECOM, The Mannik & Smith Group, and DLZ Corporation.
Carbon Friendly Solutions: The company has appointed Dr. Isaac Yaniv to its board of advisors. Yaniv is CEO of ORIS Advanced Materials, which undertakes international technology transfers.
National Academy of Sciences: NYU Stern Professor Melissa Schilling has been appointed to the academy’s Committee on Overcoming Barriers to Electric Vehicle Deployment. The committee will study the technological, infrastructural and behavioral barriers to widespread adoption of electric vehicles in the US, and will provide recommendations to Congress.
Stay Up-to-Date On Environmental Management, Energy & Sustainability News with EL's Free Daily Newsletter
Energy Manager News
- Technology Creates a Brighter Future for Small and Mid-Sized Commercial Solar Investments
- Incentive Program Helps Companies Afford Energy Managers
- ARPA-E Issues Grants for Solar Modules
- C-PACE Financing Innovation to Help Connecticut Green Energy Sector
- Orion Wins School District Contracts, Increases Chances for Incentives
- Study: Smartest ‘Smart Building’ Owners Come from Retail, Manufacturing, Construction
- Low Cost IoT Solutions, Data Driven Analytics to Propel Energy Mgmt Market
- A Clean Energy Future in Sight