Environmental Executive Moves: Ameripen, XL Group, SCS, Carbon Friendly, National Academy of Sciences
American Institute for Packaging and the Environment: The trade body’s first executive director Joan Pierce is stepping down. Her retirement is effective March 30. Pierce retired from Colgate-Palmolive at the end of 2011. A search for a new Ameripen head has already begun.
XL Group: Matthew V. O’Malley has been promoted to lead the environmental business of the company’s insurance operations. O’Malley previously served as head of Environmental Underwriting Operations, overseeing the business’ field operations and sales and marketing activities. He joined XL Group in 2004.
SCS Global Services: The third-party environmental and sustainability certification firm has named Stanley Mathuram as the new head of its furniture industry certification services. Before joining SCS, Mr. Mathuram worked for companies such as Michigan Steel, AECOM, The Mannik & Smith Group, and DLZ Corporation.
Carbon Friendly Solutions: The company has appointed Dr. Isaac Yaniv to its board of advisors. Yaniv is CEO of ORIS Advanced Materials, which undertakes international technology transfers.
National Academy of Sciences: NYU Stern Professor Melissa Schilling has been appointed to the academy’s Committee on Overcoming Barriers to Electric Vehicle Deployment. The committee will study the technological, infrastructural and behavioral barriers to widespread adoption of electric vehicles in the US, and will provide recommendations to Congress.
Energy Manager News
- Flying High: Energy Efficiency, Renewables and Airports
- Want a Green and Energy Conscious Business? Try These Ideas
- Beazer Homes Wins Energy Star Award
- Infineon Unveils Integrated LED
- FMPA: Power Costs Expected to Dwindle 30% to 40% Within Years
- Name-Dropping: CUB and Illinois AG Say Nicor Advanced Energy Should Change Identity
- Saving Energy – In the Restroom
- UAB Getting First Solar Array