BT’s CSO Discusses Sustainability and the Data Revolution
BT’s Chief Sustainability Officer, Niall Dunne, discusses the importance of changing consumer behavior, and how the current data revolution is allowing sustainable consumption to be not only aspirational but realistic. Expanded freedom of data allows consumers to make informed and confident decisions and move to more collaborative and conscientious consumption. Dunne goes on to describe BT’s work in the area of ‘smart homes’ and ‘smart cities’ where the blending of machine-to-machine data with behavioral data creates a new type of ‘smart data’ that is leading to a new digital inclusion for consumers and creating fantastic opportunities in the developed world that now need to be translated to emerging economies.
Energy Manager News
- Better Buildings, Better Plants: 12 Success Stories
- CA Governor Signs Bill Clarifying PACE Disclosures
- CA School District to Get 73% of Energy From Solar Carports
- Two Critical Questions to Ask Yourself About Your Current Energy Contract
- Pepco and Exelon Say Customers Have Benefitted$440 Million Since Merger
- ICC Issues Stringent Consumer Protection Rules For Retail Electric Suppliers
- Tesla’s Battery Storage Device Put to Use. Time to Exhale?
- Variable Speed Drives are a Powerful Efficiency Tool