BT’s CSO Discusses Sustainability and the Data Revolution
BT’s Chief Sustainability Officer, Niall Dunne, discusses the importance of changing consumer behavior, and how the current data revolution is allowing sustainable consumption to be not only aspirational but realistic. Expanded freedom of data allows consumers to make informed and confident decisions and move to more collaborative and conscientious consumption. Dunne goes on to describe BT’s work in the area of ‘smart homes’ and ‘smart cities’ where the blending of machine-to-machine data with behavioral data creates a new type of ‘smart data’ that is leading to a new digital inclusion for consumers and creating fantastic opportunities in the developed world that now need to be translated to emerging economies.
Energy Manager News
- Utilities Reaching Out Through Analytics
- Waste-to-Fuel Technology in the U.K.
- Singapore to Look at Placing Datacenters in Hot, Humid Environments
- Dynegy Files to Move Illinois Into ‘Single, Competitive Power Market’
- IRRC Jettisons Pennsylvania PUC’s Controversial Cap on Net Metering
- Energy Storage: It’s About the Software
- MIT Develops Promising New Battery Storage Technology
- India Launches Net-Zero Building Portal