BT’s CSO Discusses Sustainability and the Data Revolution
BT’s Chief Sustainability Officer, Niall Dunne, discusses the importance of changing consumer behavior, and how the current data revolution is allowing sustainable consumption to be not only aspirational but realistic. Expanded freedom of data allows consumers to make informed and confident decisions and move to more collaborative and conscientious consumption. Dunne goes on to describe BT’s work in the area of ‘smart homes’ and ‘smart cities’ where the blending of machine-to-machine data with behavioral data creates a new type of ‘smart data’ that is leading to a new digital inclusion for consumers and creating fantastic opportunities in the developed world that now need to be translated to emerging economies.
Energy Manager News
- Mohegan Sun Pocono Casino Doesn’t Consider Cogeneration a Gamble
- Clean Power Plan: Obama’s Team Confident About Pitch to Supreme Court
- BuildingIQ Introduces Managed Services
- Solar Power Breakthrough Near?
- Battery Storage Giving Businesses a Break
- Could Ratepayers Foot the Bill for New Hampshire’s Pipelines?
- CenterPoint to Acquire Continuum’s Retail Energy Services Division
- LED Projects Must Be Carefully Planned