Greyhound to Install DriveCam Across Entire Fleet
DriveCam will install its program for Greyhound under a five-year contract.
The program combines data and in-cab video with real-time driver feedback and coaching to reduce costs and improve fuel efficiency by up to 12 percent, DriveCam says. The platform focuses on the driver, specifically three driving behaviors that have the greatest impact on fuel efficiency: idling, speeding and efficient or “smooth” driving. The in-cab video captures driving behavior, which is reviewed and scored, then passed on to the fleet to be used to coach its drivers.
Greyhound will manage the DriveCam program through a web-based portal.
Earlier this month, Volvo Group became a minority shareholder in DriveCam. The investment will allow DriveCam to continue to expand and collaborate with Volvo to reduce accidents and improve fuel consumption.
DriveCam says it has installed its program in more than 500 commercial fleets and passenger vehicles since 1998. Last September, Waste Management signed a five-year contract to deploy the program across its entire fleet of 18,000 vehicles.
In May 2011, solid waste management company Veolia Environmental Services signed a three-year contract to deploy DriveCam’s program across fleet.
Energy Manager News
- LEED v4 is Ready to Take Center Stage
- Honeywell Upgrading Energy, Water Systems at The University of Mount Olive
- Three Boston Area Organizations Jointly Buying Solar Energy
- Insider ‘Outs’ Misleading Strategy Behind Florida’s Solar Amendment 1
- Mississippi Watchdog: Kemper Syngas Operations Could Raise Costs by 288%
- Waste-to-Energy Shows Growth in New Jersey, Maine and Florida
- Zen Ecosystems Introduces Zen HQ
- Flywheel Platform Introduced by GE