University at Albany Saves $704,000 Per Year With Energy Upgrades
New energy efficiency projects at the University at Albany – SUNY, undertaken in collaboration with the New York Power Authority and the New York State Energy Research and Development Authority, will save the university about $704,000 in energy costs annually.
The improvements are in line with Build Smart NY, the new initiative by Governor Cuomo to increase energy efficiency in state buildings by 20 percent in seven years by strategically accelerating priority improvements in energy performance.
Read more at Energy Manager Today.
Stay Up-to-Date On Environmental Management, Energy & Sustainability News with EL's Free Daily Newsletter
Energy Manager News
- Energy Storage in the Fast Lane
- Alberta Firm Aims for Energy Neutral Egg Laying Barn
- The Department of Energy Seeks to Improve the Better Buildings Challenge
- Behind the Meter: The Many Advantages of Energy Benchmarking
- Telecommunications Companies Upgrade Their Approaches to Energy
- Cutting Energy Use in Fire Stations
- Revolution Lighting Signs School Districts in NY, NJ
- Green Building Boom Is Pumping Billions into US Economy, Retrofits Are Fueling the Trend