Environmental Executive Moves: Amyris, SFI, Sims Metal Management, Terra Tech, Xyntéo
Amyris Inc: The renewable chemicals and fuels company has named Zanna McFerson as its new chief business officer. McFerson will be responsible for Amyris’s commercial and product line activities, effective March.
Sustainable Forestry Initiative: Andrew de Vries has joined the eco-label organization as vice president, conservation, indigenous and government relations. Most recently de Vries was the chief biologist for the Forest Products Association of Canada, Canada’s national forest industry trade association.
Sims Metal Management Ltd: The company’s CEO, Daniel Dienst, will retire, effective June 30. Dienst will resign from the company’s board of directors at the same time.
ReCommunity: The recycler has appointed James E. Devlin as its chief executive officer, effective March 4. He was previously president of Heckmann Environmental Services, the environmental and waste recycling solutions division of Heckmann Corporation.
Terra Tech Corp: The sustainable agricultural products company has appointed GroRite’s Ken Vande Vrede as COO and to the company’s board of directors. GroRite is currently merging into Terra Tech.
Xyntéo: Nelly Segisova is to be the low-carbon collaboration firm’s first senior advisor on the ground in Russia. Segisova is to develop the Russia New Growth Partnership ahead of an inaugural roundtable event in Moscow. She joins Xyntéo from the Russian Energy Agency.
Resource Recycling Systems: RRS has announced the addition of Susan Graff as a new principal and vice president of global corporate sustainability. Graff previously founded ERS Global, and had a 13-year career with the EPA including both policy and technical leadership positions.
Energy Manager News
- Geothermal Heating and Cooling is Worth Another Look
- Bruce County, Ontario, Tabs Ecosystem
- Oklahoma University Scores Almost $300K Incentive
- Smart Tech Takes Over, Bolstered By Record Investment
- Amendment 4 in Florida Would Expand Solar Property Tax Exemptions to C&I Ratepayers
- Pennsylvania PUC Approves Temporary Waiver of ‘Instant Connect’ Confirmation Letters
- Two Studies Show the State of Energy Efficiency
- Phoenix Airport LED Project Moves Along