Walmart Expands Solar Installations in Hawaii
Walmart and SunEdison have completed new solar power installations at three Walmart stores in Kahului, Kailua-Kona and Kapolei, doubling the retailer’s number of stores in Hawaii powered by solar energy.
During the first full year of production, the 311 kW solar power rooftop system on each store will produce more than 400,000 kWh of solar electricity. Each rooftop system will eliminate 320 metric tons of CO2e annually.
Read more at Energy Manager Today.
Energy Manager News
- New York Solar Installations Soar 300%
- Tiny, Solar-Powered Circuit Is 80% Efficient
- California Grid to Maintain Reliability Despite Drought
- Largest Solar Project Installed on Closed Landfill Under Consideration
- TerraForm Buys 930 MW Wind Portfolio for $2B
- BMW Tests Fuel-Cell Car
- Researchers Develop Cell that Can Store Solar at Night
- Energy Efficiency Program Saves Texas College $4.4M