Walmart Expands Solar Installations in Hawaii
Walmart and SunEdison have completed new solar power installations at three Walmart stores in Kahului, Kailua-Kona and Kapolei, doubling the retailer’s number of stores in Hawaii powered by solar energy.
During the first full year of production, the 311 kW solar power rooftop system on each store will produce more than 400,000 kWh of solar electricity. Each rooftop system will eliminate 320 metric tons of CO2e annually.
Read more at Energy Manager Today.
Energy Manager News
- Microgrids, Now Mainstream, Continue to Advance
- Developing Economies Increasing their Share of Renewable Capacity
- LG Chem In Big German Battery Project
- ERC: Electricity Price Trends for the Week Ending Nov. 20
- PUCO: ‘Fixed Means Fixed’ in Retail Contracts
- FERC Requires Reports on Price Formation
- Viridian Energy Moves into Texas Market
- PUC Approves PPL’s 6.1% Rate Hike