IHS Software Supports Revised Hazard Communication Standard
IHS Comply Plus 3.2 and IHS Intelligent Authoring 4.3.1 offer a host of enhancements, including many that help organizations address business challenges driven by the revised hazard communication standard (HCS) issued by the US Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA), the company says.
The updated version of IHS Intelligent Authoring 4.3.1 provides automated toolsets to enable process improvements and to ensure organizations meet the requirements of OSHA’s HCS, and other global mandates, including:
- US implementation of the globally harmonized system (GHS) in compliance with OSHA’s hazard communication standard 2012 (HCS 2012).
- UN GHS Revision 4 implementation of Brazil’s revised chemical labeling standard.
- Automated tools to identify lead and critical substances in mixtures based on the dangerous preparation directive (DPD+) methodology. DPD+ enables chemical formulators to develop exposure scenarios and create extended safety data sheets for mixtures under the EU’s Registration, Evaluation, Authorisation and Restriction of Chemicals (REACH) legislation. This approach is in accordance with guidance from the European Chemical Industry Council (CEFIC).
The updated version of IHS Comply Plus 3.2 helps ensure compliance with product stewardship regulations and drive process improvements, including:
- New hazard classifications supporting OSHA HCS 2012, which allows users to identify product hazards other than those covered by standard GHS classifications.
- Notification of incomplete hazard classification items and user-assigned classifications.
IHS Comply Plus integrates MSDS automation, regulatory compliance, hazard communication, environmental reporting, inventory management and total chemical management in a unified software product. IHS Intelligent Authoring enables companies to produce fully compliant safety data sheets (SDS) and other mandated hazard communications documents in more than 40 languages, the company says.
IHS Comply Plus and IHS Intelligent Authoring are cornerstones of the IHS Product Stewardship Solution, which combines software, content and expertise to help businesses properly manage regulated materials so their products can be sold, shipped and consumed in their intended markets.
IHS also helps organizations address other ESM challenges associated with environmental performance, health and safety, operational risk, energy and carbon, and corporate responsibility.
Energy Manager News
- ERC Price Benchmark Trends Week Ending: August 26, 2016
- FirstEnergy Asks for $4.5 Billion to Stay in Ohio
- PNM Chafes at Delays, Seeks NMPRC Ruling in 2015 Rate Case
- IRS to Buildings Owners: “We’re From the Government and We’re Here to Help”
- CT Hospital, Soltage, Tenaska Unveil Solar Plant
- FAA Pays to Upgrade Airport Hangar Heating
- Maryland Electric Coops Mount FERC Challenge to Community Solar Garden Retail Prices
- SEIA Releases Updated Version of ‘Guide to Federal Tax Incentives’