ACEEE: 16 Efficiency Policies Could Save $1 Trillion
The American Council for an Energy-Efficient Economy has released a report that highlights 16 policies that would remove market barriers across the economy to investments in energy efficiency, which, if enacted, could save the country approximately $1 trillion in energy bills and 19 quads in energy consumption.
Overcoming Market Barriers and Using Market Forces to Advance Energy Efficiency discusses several targeted policies that leverage market mechanisms and address specific market failures to energy efficiency, without requiring what ACEEE calls “substantial spending or government mandates.”
Read more at Energy Manager Today.
Energy Manager News
- Geothermal Heating and Cooling is Worth Another Look
- Bruce County, Ontario, Tabs Ecosystem
- Oklahoma University Scores Almost $300K Incentive
- Smart Tech Takes Over, Bolstered By Record Investment
- Amendment 4 in Florida Would Expand Solar Property Tax Exemptions to C&I Ratepayers
- Pennsylvania PUC Approves Temporary Waiver of ‘Instant Connect’ Confirmation Letters
- Two Studies Show the State of Energy Efficiency
- Phoenix Airport LED Project Moves Along