ACEEE: 16 Efficiency Policies Could Save $1 Trillion
The American Council for an Energy-Efficient Economy has released a report that highlights 16 policies that would remove market barriers across the economy to investments in energy efficiency, which, if enacted, could save the country approximately $1 trillion in energy bills and 19 quads in energy consumption.
Overcoming Market Barriers and Using Market Forces to Advance Energy Efficiency discusses several targeted policies that leverage market mechanisms and address specific market failures to energy efficiency, without requiring what ACEEE calls “substantial spending or government mandates.”
Read more at Energy Manager Today.
Energy Manager News
- Tesla’s Battery Storage Device Put to Use. Time to Exhale?
- Variable Speed Drives are a Powerful Efficiency Tool
- Veolia Checks Into the UK’s Tallest Hotel
- Massachusetts Aims for Critical Care Resiliency
- State of Michigan and MISO Propose Retail Capacity Charge
- Breaking the Ice with Thermal Energy Storage
- Ameresco to Upgrade Federal Prison in Butner, NC
- Alpen Introduces Window Package Rated at R10 Insulation