ACEEE: 16 Efficiency Policies Could Save $1 Trillion
The American Council for an Energy-Efficient Economy has released a report that highlights 16 policies that would remove market barriers across the economy to investments in energy efficiency, which, if enacted, could save the country approximately $1 trillion in energy bills and 19 quads in energy consumption.
Overcoming Market Barriers and Using Market Forces to Advance Energy Efficiency discusses several targeted policies that leverage market mechanisms and address specific market failures to energy efficiency, without requiring what ACEEE calls “substantial spending or government mandates.”
Read more at Energy Manager Today.
Energy Manager News
- Don’t Write Off Energy Efficiency. It’s Just about to Have Its Day.
- 44 Companies Apply to Manage OSU Energy
- ASHRAE High-Performance Building Design Professional Certification Earns ANSI Accreditation
- Energy Management Targets Commercial Real Estate
- Home Depot Hires HVAC Provider for South Arizona Stores
- Voluntary Agreement Covers Energy of Home Internet Equipment
- Community Microgrids for a Sustainable Future – TEDx Talk
- Cree Restructures LED Business in Aggressive Pricing Environment