Microsoft Improves Efficiency at Dublin Data Center
Microsoft has lowered the Power Usage Effectiveness (PUE) of its Dublin facility from 1.24 in its first phase to 1.17 in the newest data hall, which was added last year, reported Data Center Knowledge. PUE compares a data center’s total power use to the amount of power used by the IT equipment, a metric that shows how much is lost in distribution and conversion. The average PUE for enterprise data centers is 1.8, reported Data Center Knowledge.
Read more at Energy Manager Today.
Energy Manager News
- Submissions Now Accepted for Energy Manager Today Awards
- New York City Study Conclusion: Benchmarking Works
- Behind the Meter Podcast: Keys to Energy Efficient Air Filtration
- Tecogen Lands Deal in Coney Island, NY
- SCS Provides LEDs to AZ Stores in Arizona
- New Green Advancements in Hospital Environments
- Big Island Utility Hits 5-MW Cap on Customer-Operator Rooftop Solar Credits
- Benton PUD Announces 5% Rate Hike