‘Green’ and Frugal Innovation, Part I
My last article centered on innovation and sustainability – or creating “new” value – and the role of green innovation in product design and manufacturing. Recently I’ve been reading about, and hearing about, “frugal engineering,” or, it is sometimes referred to, as “frugal innovation.” As an engineer I’m happy to have the terms innovation and engineering used interchangeably.
Energy Manager News
- 18 Organizations Recognized for Cutting Parking Facility Energy Use
- ASHRAE Updates Lighting and Controls Guidelines
- RI Town Begins $620,000 Energy Efficiency Upgrades
- Don’t Write Off Energy Efficiency. It’s Just about to Have Its Day.
- Businesses Offered ‘Instant Rebates’ from Utility
- Rocky Mountain Institute Provides Energy Retrofit Course
- DOE Awards $600,000 for Building Energy Efficiency Projects
- 3Degrees Helps Companies Procure Renewables