CO2Meter.com Unveils Biogas Meter
It can measure up to 100 percent methane and 50 percent carbon dioxide levels in real time. The unit can also be used as a data-logger to record gas levels over time.
The meter is available in 2 versions: as a hand-held, battery-operated device (pictured), or in a permanently mounted NEMA4 enclosure. Both use a built-in micro-pump to take a sample via a tube port, measure the sample, and return it via a second tube port to form a closed-loop gas measurement system.
The development of a nondispersive infrared sensor that combines high-concentration CO2 and methane measurement in a single unit has made this new instrument possible. It is the result of advanced manufacturing in midwave IR optics and optical coatings not available until recently. In addition to its low power requirements, the sensor does not require the frequent calibration used in conventional thermal conductance measurement techniques, the company says.
In addition to the biogas industry, the company says these meters will appeal to companies in the natural gas processing industry, for monitoring fermentation, and for agricultural CO2 up-take and analysis.
Stay Up-to-Date On Environmental Management, Energy & Sustainability News with EL's Free Daily Newsletter
Energy Manager News
- Technology Creates a Brighter Future for Small and Mid-Sized Commercial Solar Investments
- Incentive Program Helps Companies Afford Energy Managers
- ARPA-E Issues Grants for Solar Modules
- C-PACE Financing Innovation to Help Connecticut Green Energy Sector
- Orion Wins School District Contracts, Increases Chances for Incentives
- Study: Smartest ‘Smart Building’ Owners Come from Retail, Manufacturing, Construction
- Low Cost IoT Solutions, Data Driven Analytics to Propel Energy Mgmt Market
- A Clean Energy Future in Sight