Solar Powered Airplane Plans US Flight
The HB-SIA weighs about the same as a car but boasts a wingspan equal to to that of an Airbus A340. On May 1, the airplane is scheduled to fly from NASA’s Moffett Field in Silicon Valley, Calif., to New York City. It plans to make stops in Phoenix, Dallas and Washington, DC, en route, reports Forbes.
Read more at Energy Manager Today.
Stay Up-to-Date On Environmental Management, Energy & Sustainability News with EL's Free Daily Newsletter
Energy Manager News
- Royal Philips: All Cities and Utilities Worldwide Should Switch to LEDs
- Daikin Applied Replaces HVAC System at Bethel University
- The Water Research Group Issues RFP for Energy Savings
- Ingersoll-Rand Wins Two Awards
- Energy-Efficiency Upgrades Will Save National Lab $1.3M Each Year
- Super Efficient Building in Amsterdam: The Edge
- New LEDs From Cree
- Ringdale Intros Monitoring and Data Logger