Solar Powered Airplane Plans US Flight
The HB-SIA weighs about the same as a car but boasts a wingspan equal to to that of an Airbus A340. On May 1, the airplane is scheduled to fly from NASA’s Moffett Field in Silicon Valley, Calif., to New York City. It plans to make stops in Phoenix, Dallas and Washington, DC, en route, reports Forbes.
Read more at Energy Manager Today.
Stay Up-to-Date On Environmental Management, Energy & Sustainability News with EL's Free Daily Newsletter
Energy Manager News
- Greenskies Enlarges Wesleyan University’s Microgrid
- Pacific Power Names Three wattsmart Business Partners of the Year
- 2014 Better Than 2013 for Distributed Wind Turbines, But Far Below 2012
- Making Efficiency Attractive to Investors
- Hydrogen from Landfill Powers Forklifts at BMW Plant
- Big Energy Savings for Hoke, N.C., Schools
- Energy Savings Performance Contracts Unlock Deep Savings
- Technology Creates a Brighter Future for Small and Mid-Sized Commercial Solar Investments