Hilex Poly’s Bag-2-Bag Recycling Program Gets Nod
Hilex Poly received the award for its Bag-2-Bag recycling program, which consumers and retail employees can use to recycle plastic bags, sacks and wraps at grocery stores and other retailers.
Once collected (the company has over 30,000 collection points across the US) the bags are recycled into new bags.
Hilex Poly says it has invested more than $25 million in its recycling center, which recycled more than 20 million pounds of bags, sacks and wraps in 2012.
You can watch a video about the program here:
Stay Up-to-Date On Environmental Management, Energy & Sustainability News with EL's Free Daily Newsletter
Energy Manager News
- Technology Creates a Brighter Future for Small and Mid-Sized Commercial Solar Investments
- Incentive Program Helps Companies Afford Energy Managers
- ARPA-E Issues Grants for Solar Modules
- C-PACE Financing Innovation to Help Connecticut Green Energy Sector
- Orion Wins School District Contracts, Increases Chances for Incentives
- Study: Smartest ‘Smart Building’ Owners Come from Retail, Manufacturing, Construction
- Low Cost IoT Solutions, Data Driven Analytics to Propel Energy Mgmt Market
- A Clean Energy Future in Sight