Hilex Poly’s Bag-2-Bag Recycling Program Gets Nod
Hilex Poly received the award for its Bag-2-Bag recycling program, which consumers and retail employees can use to recycle plastic bags, sacks and wraps at grocery stores and other retailers.
Once collected (the company has over 30,000 collection points across the US) the bags are recycled into new bags.
Hilex Poly says it has invested more than $25 million in its recycling center, which recycled more than 20 million pounds of bags, sacks and wraps in 2012.
You can watch a video about the program here:
Stay Up-to-Date On Environmental Management, Energy & Sustainability News with EL's Free Daily Newsletter
Energy Manager News
- Don’t Go It Alone When Retrofitting
- LinkedIn Campus Gets Mobile EV Charging
- Many Vendors Vie for Lighting Controls Business
- Johnson Controls Opens Variable Refrigerant Flow (VRF) Training Center
- Acquiring Renewable Energy Should Be Easier, Facebook Says
- Energy Upgrades at School District Financed by NY Power Authority
- Fusing System Helps Solar Customers with Overcurrent Protection
- ABM Joins Balboa Park Sustainability Council