Hilex Poly’s Bag-2-Bag Recycling Program Gets Nod
Hilex Poly received the award for its Bag-2-Bag recycling program, which consumers and retail employees can use to recycle plastic bags, sacks and wraps at grocery stores and other retailers.
Once collected (the company has over 30,000 collection points across the US) the bags are recycled into new bags.
Hilex Poly says it has invested more than $25 million in its recycling center, which recycled more than 20 million pounds of bags, sacks and wraps in 2012.
You can watch a video about the program here:
Energy Manager News
- Behind the Meter Podcast: A New Metric for Datacenter Cooling
- The Advantages of Metal Roofs
- PACE Loan Program in Pulaski County, AK
- Online Tool Introduced in Vermont
- SWL&P Looks to Increase Electric Revenues by Over $2 Million
- Schneider Electric’s NEO Network: Helping Make Efficiency Projects Real
- Efficiency Project Complete in Meriden, CT
- BuildingIQ Makes 2 Moves