Hilex Poly’s Bag-2-Bag Recycling Program Gets Nod
Hilex Poly received the award for its Bag-2-Bag recycling program, which consumers and retail employees can use to recycle plastic bags, sacks and wraps at grocery stores and other retailers.
Once collected (the company has over 30,000 collection points across the US) the bags are recycled into new bags.
Hilex Poly says it has invested more than $25 million in its recycling center, which recycled more than 20 million pounds of bags, sacks and wraps in 2012.
You can watch a video about the program here:
Stay Up-to-Date On Environmental Management, Energy & Sustainability News with EL's Free Daily Newsletter
Energy Manager News
- Ringdale Intros Monitoring and Data Logger
- Better Buildings Neighborhood Program Offers Lessons for Energy Efficiency
- Hartsfield-Jackson Airport Receives Rebate for LEDs
- Energy Management Is a Key Corporate Strategy
- PEZY Wins Top 3 Spots in Supercomputer Cooling Rankings
- ERC: Electricity Price Trends for the Week Ending September 18
- LEED Certification, Energy Efficiency Increase Property Values
- Lumber Company Locates Kilns at Landfill to Use Methane