Hilex Poly’s Bag-2-Bag Recycling Program Gets Nod
Hilex Poly received the award for its Bag-2-Bag recycling program, which consumers and retail employees can use to recycle plastic bags, sacks and wraps at grocery stores and other retailers.
Once collected (the company has over 30,000 collection points across the US) the bags are recycled into new bags.
Hilex Poly says it has invested more than $25 million in its recycling center, which recycled more than 20 million pounds of bags, sacks and wraps in 2012.
You can watch a video about the program here:
Energy Manager News
- Energy Storage: It’s About the Software
- MIT Develops Promising New Battery Storage Technology
- India Launches Net-Zero Building Portal
- Companies Cooperating on Waste-to-Energy Projects
- Clean Energy Commitment in the Corporate and Local Small Business Sphere
- Xcel Asks for $90M ‘Switching Fee’ If Lubbock Utility Joins ERCOT
- EDF Sending 127 Climate Corps Fellows to 100 Organizations
- Capegemini, Siemens Working on Analytics Platform