Hilex Poly’s Bag-2-Bag Recycling Program Gets Nod
Hilex Poly received the award for its Bag-2-Bag recycling program, which consumers and retail employees can use to recycle plastic bags, sacks and wraps at grocery stores and other retailers.
Once collected (the company has over 30,000 collection points across the US) the bags are recycled into new bags.
Hilex Poly says it has invested more than $25 million in its recycling center, which recycled more than 20 million pounds of bags, sacks and wraps in 2012.
You can watch a video about the program here:
Energy Manager News
- Clauses to Consider in Green Leases
- Bahama Yacht Club to Generate Power from Solid Waste
- Duke Energy, USF Launch Solar Battery Research Initiative
- Energy Storage Helps Hotel Reduce Demand Charges by 10%
- EU Smart Campus Pilot Achieves 30% Energy Savings
- Uline to Operate 130 GenDrive Fuel Cell Units from Plug Power
- Los Angeles Shopping Center Installs 504 kW Solar
- SustainCo Wins $575,000 Contract for Energy Management Controls