Hilton New York Turns On CHP System
The seven engine generators installed on the midtown Manhattan hotel’s roof overlooking West 53rd Street generates 1.75 MW of clean electricity and 2.7 MW heat for building operations. This satisfies over 50 percent of the electricity demand and 35 percent of the steam demand for the 1,981 guest rooms, Anaergia says.
Read more at Energy Manager Today.
Energy Manager News
- Driving Energy Efficiency by Improving the Owner/Tenant Relationship
- Case Study: Fast Payback in New York City
- $8M Project to Upgrade Chillicothe (OH) Correctional Institute
- Three Trends Align to Save Buildings Millions in Energy Costs
- Law Bars Energy Providers from Charging Early Termination Fees in the Event of Death
- Corporations Spend Big on Ballot Initiatives, Crushing Ratepayer Opposition
- Texas Retailer Offers Instant Rebate for Rooftop Solar, Offers High Credits for Excess Solar
- Local, State and the Federal Government Excel at Energy Efficiency