Hilton New York Turns On CHP System
The seven engine generators installed on the midtown Manhattan hotel’s roof overlooking West 53rd Street generates 1.75 MW of clean electricity and 2.7 MW heat for building operations. This satisfies over 50 percent of the electricity demand and 35 percent of the steam demand for the 1,981 guest rooms, Anaergia says.
Read more at Energy Manager Today.
Stay Up-to-Date On Environmental Management, Energy & Sustainability News with EL's Free Daily Newsletter
Energy Manager News
- Passive-House High-Rise to be Airtight
- Greensmith Offers ‘Second Opinion’ on Energy Storage Systems
- Commercial Tankless Water Heater Handles the Demands of Business
- Booz Allen, Siemens, Power Analytics Score 16 Microgrid Projects
- NH City to Save $500,000 Annually with LED Streetlights
- Australian College Uses Energy Storage
- LED Boosts Light Output 50%, Uses Existing Drivers
- Energesco Wins Energy Efficiency Contracts for Multifamily Buildings in Maryland