In-Situ Launches Water Monitoring Smartphone App
On-site water monitoring instruments manufacturer In-Situ has announced its Smartroll Multiparameter (MP) Handheld Instrument and iSitu smartphone application for environmental monitoring applications.
The company says the new product is the industry’s first water monitoring smartphone app.
Ideal for water quality spot checks, the Smartroll MP Handheld can be used for any surface-water monitoring application, the company says. No training time is required to use the probe or the intuitive smartphone application. In-Situ says technicians can instantly read results for 14 water quality parameters by simply using a smartphone, with no bulky handheld meter required.
In-Situ’s iSitu app, designed to run on an iPhone, iPod touch or iPad, makes it easy to email data instantly to colleagues and to log site-specific data to a smartphone, the company says. By using readily available smartphone technology, instead of proprietary meters, environmental professionals reduce their overall cost of ownership.
The Smartroll system includes a compact probe with field-tested smart sensors and a clip-on battery pack with Bluetooth wireless technology.
The Smartroll MP Handheld can be used for spot checking, stormwater monitoring, vertical profiling and low-flow groundwater sampling. The Smartroll MP system measures dissolved oxygen (DO), conductivity, ORP, pH, salinity, total dissolved solids, water level, barometric pressure, temperature and more. The probe has EPA-approved rugged dissolved oxygen technology for instantaneous DO determinations.
Energy Manager News
- LEED v4 is Ready to Take Center Stage
- Honeywell Upgrading Energy, Water Systems at The University of Mount Olive
- Three Boston Area Organizations Jointly Buying Solar Energy
- Insider ‘Outs’ Misleading Strategy Behind Florida’s Solar Amendment 1
- Mississippi Watchdog: Kemper Syngas Operations Could Raise Costs by 288%
- Waste-to-Energy Shows Growth in New Jersey, Maine and Florida
- Zen Ecosystems Introduces Zen HQ
- Flywheel Platform Introduced by GE