Solar at Furnace Creek Resort Delivers 10 Million kWh Since 2008
National park and resort concessioner Xanterra Parks & Resorts says the solar photovoltaic system at the Furnace Creek Resort in Death Valley, Calif., has produced more than 10 million kWh and met the company’s goal of reducing purchased electricity by 30 percent.
The 1 MW system was completed in June 2008 and covers five acres within Furnace Creek Resort. Xanterra says its facility is the largest privately owned PV energy system in the US tourism industry.
Read more at Energy Manager Today.
Energy Manager News
- Behind the Meter Podcast: A New Metric for Data Center Cooling
- Schneider Electric’s NEO Network: Helping Make Efficiency Projects Real
- Efficiency Project Complete in Meriden, CT
- BuildingIQ Makes 2 Moves
- Constellation Acquiring Retail Electricity, Natural Gas Businesses from ConEdison Solutions
- Peninsula Clean Energy Authority Chooses Direct Energy as Supplier
- Energy Efficiency is Growing on Farms
- DC Pushes Renewables