Solar at Furnace Creek Resort Delivers 10 Million kWh Since 2008
National park and resort concessioner Xanterra Parks & Resorts says the solar photovoltaic system at the Furnace Creek Resort in Death Valley, Calif., has produced more than 10 million kWh and met the company’s goal of reducing purchased electricity by 30 percent.
The 1 MW system was completed in June 2008 and covers five acres within Furnace Creek Resort. Xanterra says its facility is the largest privately owned PV energy system in the US tourism industry.
Read more at Energy Manager Today.
Energy Manager News
- Clean Energy Commitment in the Corporate and Local Small Business Sphere
- MIT Develops Promising New Battery Storage Technology
- Xcel Asks for $90M ‘Switching Fee’ If Lubbock Utility Joins ERCOT
- EDF Sending 127 Climate Corps Fellows to 100 Organizations
- Capegemini, Siemens Working on Analytics Platform
- Fulham Retrofit Kits EPA Approved
- Brookings Study: Net Metering Offers Cost Benefits to All Utility Customers
- Window Films: Low Hanging Fruit for Efficiency Gains