Solar at Furnace Creek Resort Delivers 10 Million kWh Since 2008
National park and resort concessioner Xanterra Parks & Resorts says the solar photovoltaic system at the Furnace Creek Resort in Death Valley, Calif., has produced more than 10 million kWh and met the company’s goal of reducing purchased electricity by 30 percent.
The 1 MW system was completed in June 2008 and covers five acres within Furnace Creek Resort. Xanterra says its facility is the largest privately owned PV energy system in the US tourism industry.
Read more at Energy Manager Today.
Energy Manager News
- Tesla’s Battery Storage Device Put to Use. Time to Exhale?
- Variable Speed Drives are a Powerful Efficiency Tool
- Veolia Checks Into the UK’s Tallest Hotel
- Massachusetts Aims for Critical Care Resiliency
- State of Michigan and MISO Propose Retail Capacity Charge
- Breaking the Ice with Thermal Energy Storage
- Ameresco to Upgrade Federal Prison in Butner, NC
- Alpen Introduces Window Package Rated at R10 Insulation