Solar at Furnace Creek Resort Delivers 10 Million kWh Since 2008
National park and resort concessioner Xanterra Parks & Resorts says the solar photovoltaic system at the Furnace Creek Resort in Death Valley, Calif., has produced more than 10 million kWh and met the company’s goal of reducing purchased electricity by 30 percent.
The 1 MW system was completed in June 2008 and covers five acres within Furnace Creek Resort. Xanterra says its facility is the largest privately owned PV energy system in the US tourism industry.
Read more at Energy Manager Today.
Energy Manager News
- Energy-as-a-Service: Charting a Path Through Complexity
- Demand Energy, EnerSys Complete Storage Project
- Lunera Intros Pathway and Entryway LED
- FPL to Buy and Phase Out Coal-Powered Plant, Saving Customers $129M
- Environmental, Health and Safety Software Moves Forward
- Johnson Controls: Interest, Investment in Energy Efficiency Up
- First-Ever Statewide Endorsement of Retail Supplier, by Delaware, Goes to Direct Energy
- Oberlin, Ohio, Ratepayers to Receive $2.2M in Rebates for Sale of RECs