Walmart Will Increase Use of Renewables 600% Over 2010 Levels
- Drive the production or procurement of 7 billion kWh of renewable energy globally every year, a 600 percent increase over 2010 levels;
- Reduce the kWh per square foot energy intensity required to power Walmartâ€™s buildings globally by 20 percent compared to 2010 levels.
Walmartâ€™s six-fold increase in renewable energy projects is expected to be equal to eliminating the need for roughly two US fossil fuel power plants.
Read more at Energy Manager Today.
Energy Manager News
- Energy Storage: Itâ€™s About the Software
- MIT Develops Promising New Battery Storage Technology
- India Launches Net-Zero Building Portal
- Companies Cooperating on Waste-to-Energy Projects
- Clean Energy Commitment in the Corporate and Local Small Business Sphere
- Xcel Asks for $90M â€˜Switching Feeâ€™ If Lubbock Utility Joins ERCOT
- EDF Sending 127 Climate Corps Fellows to 100 Organizations
- Capegemini, Siemens Working on Analytics Platform