Walmart Will Increase Use of Renewables 600% Over 2010 Levels
- Drive the production or procurement of 7 billion kWh of renewable energy globally every year, a 600 percent increase over 2010 levels;
- Reduce the kWh per square foot energy intensity required to power Walmartâ€™s buildings globally by 20 percent compared to 2010 levels.
Walmartâ€™s six-fold increase in renewable energy projects is expected to be equal to eliminating the need for roughly two US fossil fuel power plants.
Read more at Energy Manager Today.
Energy Manager News
- Switching to LEDs Without Leaving the Past Behind
- McKinstry Replacing 6,200 Lights with LEDs in Henderson, NV
- USDA Investing More than $300M in Efficiency, Renewables
- ERC Price Benchmark Trends Week Ending: October 21, 2016
- Could Cleaner Energy Save Ohio Ratepayers $50M in 2030, Alone?
- Yakima City Council Mulls Utility Rate Hike on Large Businesses to Bolster Reserve Fund
- Making Solar Inverters Smarter
- Unlocking the Power of Building Data