Walmart Will Increase Use of Renewables 600% Over 2010 Levels
- Drive the production or procurement of 7 billion kWh of renewable energy globally every year, a 600 percent increase over 2010 levels;
- Reduce the kWh per square foot energy intensity required to power Walmartâ€™s buildings globally by 20 percent compared to 2010 levels.
Walmartâ€™s six-fold increase in renewable energy projects is expected to be equal to eliminating the need for roughly two US fossil fuel power plants.
Read more at Energy Manager Today.
Energy Manager News
- SWL&P Looks to Increase Electric Revenues by Over $2 Million
- Behind the Meter Podcast: A New Metric for Data Center Cooling
- Schneider Electricâ€™s NEO Network: Helping Make Efficiency Projects Real
- Efficiency Project Complete in Meriden, CT
- BuildingIQ Makes 2 Moves
- Constellation Acquiring Retail Electricity, Natural Gas Businesses from ConEdison Solutions
- Peninsula Clean Energy Authority Chooses Direct Energy as Supplier
- Energy Efficiency is Growing on Farms