Walmart Will Increase Use of Renewables 600% Over 2010 Levels
- Drive the production or procurement of 7 billion kWh of renewable energy globally every year, a 600 percent increase over 2010 levels;
- Reduce the kWh per square foot energy intensity required to power Walmartâ€™s buildings globally by 20 percent compared to 2010 levels.
Walmartâ€™s six-fold increase in renewable energy projects is expected to be equal to eliminating the need for roughly two US fossil fuel power plants.
Read more at Energy Manager Today.
Stay Up-to-Date On Environmental Management, Energy & Sustainability News with EL's Free Daily Newsletter
Energy Manager News
- Behind the Meter: The Many Advantages of Energy Benchmarking
- Telecommunications Companies Upgrade Their Approaches to Energy
- Cutting Energy Use in Fire Stations
- Revolution Lighting Signs School Districts in NY, NJ
- Green Building Boom Is Pumping Billions into US Economy, Retrofits Are Fueling the Trend
- Energy Management: The Internet of Things Changes Everything
- Big Biogas Project Underway Down Under
- Kroger, Loveâ€™s Sign with LSI Industries