Cabot Increases Productivity 50% with SiteHawk
Cabot Corporation expects to see a complete return on investment within two years after implementing SiteHawk’s cloud-based safety data sheet (SDS) and chemical data management software.
Cabot Corporation required a system that could easily be implemented across multiple facilities with a limited investment by IT as well as a chemical control system that could comply with the revised and extended OSHA HazCom 2012 standard, the environmental compliance and reporting software company says.
Prior to selecting SiteHawk, Cabot utilized an internal Lotus Notes system to manage its hazard communication program. Because of compliance, cost and expertise concerns, Cabot needed an SDS software and service platform that would assist in updating safety data sheets and provide enhanced chemical management functionality for labeling existing materials or secondary containers to remain compliant.
SiteHawk’s Professional edition met Cabot’s immediate chemical data management needs, including enabling Cabot to better organize SDSs, provide more reliable and accessible chemical safety information, and create consistency of tools among multiple facilities and businesses. SiteHawk also provided improved functionality to assist Cabot’s transition to the globally harmonized system (GHS) and reduce time committed to managing Cabot’s HazCom program by 50 percent, the company says.
Additional key productivity and compliance benefits Cabot expects to see include:
- Improved searching capabilities for employees seeking safety data sheets.
- Simplified and customized material approval processes for chemical review and approval.
- Reduced time and investment by internal IT resources.
- Automatic updating (for expired SDS).
- GHS Pictogram classifications and labeling tools.
Energy Manager News
- 18 Organizations Recognized for Cutting Parking Facility Energy Use
- ASHRAE Updates Lighting and Controls Guidelines
- RI Town Begins $620,000 Energy Efficiency Upgrades
- Don’t Write Off Energy Efficiency. It’s Just about to Have Its Day.
- Businesses Offered ‘Instant Rebates’ from Utility
- Rocky Mountain Institute Provides Energy Retrofit Course
- DOE Awards $600,000 for Building Energy Efficiency Projects
- 3Degrees Helps Companies Procure Renewables