Lockheed Martin Builds Ocean Thermal Energy Conversion Power Plant
Although Lockheed Martin is usually associated with aerospace technologies, the company is working with Beijing-based Reignwood Group to develop an Ocean Thermal Energy Conversion (OTEC) pilot power plant off the coast of southern China.
The two companies signed a memorandum of agreement in Beijing last week. Following the ceremony, both companies met with US Secretary of State John Kerry during his first official state visit to the People’s Republic of China.
Read more at Energy Manager Today.
Energy Manager News
- Clauses to Consider in Green Leases
- Bahama Yacht Club to Generate Power from Solid Waste
- Duke Energy, USF Launch Solar Battery Research Initiative
- Energy Storage Helps Hotel Reduce Demand Charges by 10%
- EU Smart Campus Pilot Achieves 30% Energy Savings
- Uline to Operate 130 GenDrive Fuel Cell Units from Plug Power
- Los Angeles Shopping Center Installs 504 kW Solar
- SustainCo Wins $575,000 Contract for Energy Management Controls