Facebook Plans $1 Billion Iowa Data Center
Facebook is planning to build a $1 billion data center in Altoona, Iowa, that experts are predicting will be the worldās āmostĀ technologicallyĀ advanced,ā reports The Des Moines Register.
The 1.4 million-sq-foot facility is expected to be built in two $500 million stages. The Register says that when completely built out, the projectās final cost could by around $1.5 billion.
Read more at Energy Manager Today.
Energy Manager News
- LEED v4 is Ready to Take Center Stage
- Honeywell Upgrading Energy, Water Systems at The University of Mount Olive
- Three Boston Area Organizations Jointly Buying Solar Energy
- Insider āOutsā Misleading Strategy Behind Floridaās Solar Amendment 1
- Mississippi Watchdog: Kemper Syngas Operations Could Raise Costs by 288%
- Waste-to-Energy Shows Growth in New Jersey, Maine and Florida
- Zen Ecosystems Introduces Zen HQ
- Flywheel Platform Introduced by GE