Facebook Plans $1 Billion Iowa Data Center
Facebook is planning to build a $1 billion data center in Altoona, Iowa, that experts are predicting will be the worldâ€™s â€śmostÂ technologicallyÂ advanced,â€ť reports The Des Moines Register.
The 1.4 million-sq-foot facility is expected to be built in two $500 million stages. The Register says that when completely built out, the projectâ€™s final cost could by around $1.5 billion.
Read more at Energy Manager Today.
Energy Manager News
- Submissions Now Accepted for Energy Manager Today Awards
- New York City Study Conclusion: Benchmarking Works
- Behind the Meter Podcast: Keys to Energy Efficient Air Filtration
- Tecogen Lands Deal in Coney Island, NY
- SCS Provides LEDs to AZ Stores in Arizona
- New Green Advancements in Hospital Environments
- Big Island Utility Hits 5-MW Cap on Customer-Operator Rooftop Solar Credits
- Benton PUD Announces 5% Rate Hike