Facebook Plans $1 Billion Iowa Data Center
Facebook is planning to build a $1 billion data center in Altoona, Iowa, that experts are predicting will be the world‚Äôs ‚Äúmost¬†technologically¬†advanced,‚ÄĚ reports The Des Moines Register.
The 1.4 million-sq-foot facility is expected to be built in two $500 million stages. The Register says that when completely built out, the project‚Äôs final cost could by around $1.5 billion.
Read more at Energy Manager Today.
Stay Up-to-Date On Environmental Management, Energy & Sustainability News with EL's Free Daily Newsletter
Energy Manager News
- Embracing New Tech Is Key to Greater Energy Savings, Say Experts
- Johnson Controls, Hitachi Appliances Launch AC JV
- Walmart Saving Money While Driving Efficiency
- Solutions to Help Reach Building Energy Management Goals
- Advanced Fans Cut Datacenter Energy Requirements
- Renew Financial Acquires FL PACE-Lender EcoCity Partners
- Solar Canopies in Maryland, California
- Increased Demand for EVs Driving Global Battery Management System Market