Facebook Plans $1 Billion Iowa Data Center
Facebook is planning to build a $1 billion data center in Altoona, Iowa, that experts are predicting will be the worldâ€™s â€śmostÂ technologicallyÂ advanced,â€ť reports The Des Moines Register.
The 1.4 million-sq-foot facility is expected to be built in two $500 million stages. The Register says that when completely built out, the projectâ€™s final cost could by around $1.5 billion.
Read more at Energy Manager Today.
Energy Manager News
- U.S. House Subcommittee Reviews Kennedyâ€™s Fair RATES Act
- Nevada PAC Seeks Entry into State for Retail Energy Suppliers
- Using Big Data to Help Solve the Big Building Energy Problem
- Smart Computer Use Hikes Energy Efficiency
- Flint Water Crisis Uncovers Ignoble Decisions and Neglect of Existing Enviro Regs
- Trimble Acquires Sefaira
- Truman (MO) State: â€śWeâ€™ll Save $1 Million Annually on Energy Upgradeâ€ť
- PJM Tool Demos How Price Fluctuations, Weather Impact Customer Bills