Facebook Plans $1 Billion Iowa Data Center
Facebook is planning to build a $1 billion data center in Altoona, Iowa, that experts are predicting will be the world‚Äôs ‚Äúmost¬†technologically¬†advanced,‚ÄĚ reports The Des Moines Register.
The 1.4 million-sq-foot facility is expected to be built in two $500 million stages. The Register says that when completely built out, the project‚Äôs final cost could by around $1.5 billion.
Read more at Energy Manager Today.
Stay Up-to-Date On Environmental Management, Energy & Sustainability News with EL's Free Daily Newsletter
Energy Manager News
- ERC: Electricity Price Trends for the Week Ending August 28
- Columbus Energy Challenge Falling Short
- Building on Alaskan Campus Gets LEED Certification
- BT Group Launches Division to Help Property Owners
- Price of Renewables Approaching Fossil Fuels, Nuclear
- The Use of Renewables in Mining Operations
- ASHRAE Proposes ‚ÄúBackbone‚ÄĚ for Building Rating Programs
- Greenskies Enlarges Wesleyan University‚Äôs Microgrid