Google’s Plan to Procure Renewable Energy
Google committed an additional $600 million investment in its Lenoir, NC data center site, and said its local electricity provider, Duke Energy, has pledged to develop a new program for large companies like Google that want to buy renewable power for their operations.
Duke will file the plan with the NC state commission within 90 days.
Read more at Energy Manager Today.
Energy Manager News
- Smart Windows are a Smart Idea
- Behind the Meter Podcast: The Telecommunications Industry Addresses Energy Challenges
- Ambitious Goals for The Boulder Valley SD
- Philips, Cisco, Alliander Bringing Smart Lighting to Amsterdam
- TCAP to Negotiate Five-Year Electric Rates for Sherman, Texas
- Quality Power, Not Just Power, Should be the Goal
- Siemens Unveils Microgrid-as-a-Service Platform
- 18 Buildings Going Solar in D.C.