Electronics Recycler Launches E-Waste Tracking Software
Electronic Recyclers International (ERI) has launched a new tracking and transparency system that gives customers complete real-time access to the status of their organizational recycling efforts, the company says.
The MyTrackTech software gives organizations that recycle their electronic waste through ERI up-to-the-minute access to their accounts and allows them to schedule shipments, review reports, and customize their recycling tracking.
John Shegerian, chairman and CEO of ERI, says the software is the first comprehensive customer access portal of its kind in the industry.
The value of the total global e-waste recycling and reuse services market rested at $6.8 billion in 2010, up from $6.2 billion in 2009 and up nearly 43.2 percent, or $2.05 billion, from 2006, according to SBI Energy. The compound annual growth rate (CAGR) for the four-year period is estimated at close to 9.4 percent, while the most growth was seen from 2009 to 2010, when the market grew by almost 9.7 percent. This significant growth is due to a number of factors, including an increase in e-waste volume, expanded e- waste awareness and growing e-waste R&R market stability.
The global e-waste recycling and reuse services market will account for USD 9,828.0 million in 2012 and is expected to reach USD 18,268.3 million in 2017, growing at a CAGR of 13.2% from 2012 to 2017, according to a new market report from Transparency Market Research. Material processing and recovery is the largest contributor for e-waste recycling and reuse services, accounting for 36.4% of the e-waste services revenue in 2012.
Energy Manager News
- Two Studies Show the State of Energy Efficiency
- Phoenix Airport LED Project Moves Along
- Maine Businesses Shut Out of Power Program
- Stay Cool This Summer While Avoiding These Common Summer Pitfalls
- Coalition Seeks to Stop SCE&G’s Blank Check
- NARUC Releases DER Draft Rate Design Manual
- Behind the Meter Podcast: Pushing Sustainability, Efficiency with Green Leases
- The Tricky World of Portable Commercial Air Conditioners