Managing Lighting Costs: Five Often Ignored Tips for Further Energy Savings
Operational processes, regulation compliance, productivity, occupant comfort, sustainability efforts, and architectural aesthetics – the list of commercial facility manger needs is long and difficult to balance. In your role, whether it’s a sustainability officer, energy manager or other – have you considered lighting and associated controls when weighing these concerns? Accounting for up to 35 percent of a commercial building’s total electrical energy load, lighting systems can have a large impact on a facility’s bottom line.
Implementing an efficient lighting strategy is essential to continued savings, but many busy managers often overlook some of the simple measures that can have a meaningful impact on meeting your energy sustainability objectives. To help guide facility mangers through this process, consider the following checklist of steps, from assessment and planning, to execution and evaluation.
Read more at Energy Manager Today.
Energy Manager News
- Driving Energy Efficiency by Improving the Owner/Tenant Relationship
- Case Study: Fast Payback in New York City
- $8M Project to Upgrade Chillicothe (OH) Correctional Institute
- Three Trends Align to Save Buildings Millions in Energy Costs
- Law Bars Energy Providers from Charging Early Termination Fees in the Event of Death
- Corporations Spend Big on Ballot Initiatives, Crushing Ratepayer Opposition
- Texas Retailer Offers Instant Rebate for Rooftop Solar, Offers High Credits for Excess Solar
- Local, State and the Federal Government Excel at Energy Efficiency