Managing Lighting Costs: Five Often Ignored Tips for Further Energy Savings
Operational processes, regulation compliance, productivity, occupant comfort, sustainability efforts, and architectural aesthetics – the list of commercial facility manger needs is long and difficult to balance. In your role, whether it’s a sustainability officer, energy manager or other – have you considered lighting and associated controls when weighing these concerns? Accounting for up to 35 percent of a commercial building’s total electrical energy load, lighting systems can have a large impact on a facility’s bottom line.
Implementing an efficient lighting strategy is essential to continued savings, but many busy managers often overlook some of the simple measures that can have a meaningful impact on meeting your energy sustainability objectives. To help guide facility mangers through this process, consider the following checklist of steps, from assessment and planning, to execution and evaluation.
Read more at Energy Manager Today.
Energy Manager News
- Infineon Unveils Integrated LED
- Want a Green and Energy Conscious Business? Try These Ideas
- FMPA: Power Costs Expected to Dwindle 30% to 40% Within Years
- Name-Dropping: CUB and Illinois AG Say Nicor Advanced Energy Should Change Identity
- Saving Energy – In the Restroom
- UAB Getting First Solar Array
- California is Among the National Leaders in Energy Efficiency and Economic Gains
- Westerly, RI, Making Moves to Improve Municipal Efficiency