Managing Lighting Costs: Five Often Ignored Tips for Further Energy Savings
Operational processes, regulation compliance, productivity, occupant comfort, sustainability efforts, and architectural aesthetics – the list of commercial facility manger needs is long and difficult to balance. In your role, whether it’s a sustainability officer, energy manager or other – have you considered lighting and associated controls when weighing these concerns? Accounting for up to 35 percent of a commercial building’s total electrical energy load, lighting systems can have a large impact on a facility’s bottom line.
Implementing an efficient lighting strategy is essential to continued savings, but many busy managers often overlook some of the simple measures that can have a meaningful impact on meeting your energy sustainability objectives. To help guide facility mangers through this process, consider the following checklist of steps, from assessment and planning, to execution and evaluation.
Read more at Energy Manager Today.
Stay Up-to-Date On Environmental Management, Energy & Sustainability News with EL's Free Daily Newsletter
Energy Manager News
- Don’t Go It Alone When Retrofitting
- LinkedIn Campus Gets Mobile EV Charging
- Many Vendors Vie for Lighting Controls Business
- Johnson Controls Opens Variable Refrigerant Flow (VRF) Training Center
- Acquiring Renewable Energy Should Be Easier, Facebook Says
- Energy Upgrades at School District Financed by NY Power Authority
- Fusing System Helps Solar Customers with Overcurrent Protection
- ABM Joins Balboa Park Sustainability Council