Managing Lighting Costs: Five Often Ignored Tips for Further Energy Savings
Operational processes, regulation compliance, productivity, occupant comfort, sustainability efforts, and architectural aesthetics – the list of commercial facility manger needs is long and difficult to balance. In your role, whether it’s a sustainability officer, energy manager or other – have you considered lighting and associated controls when weighing these concerns? Accounting for up to 35 percent of a commercial building’s total electrical energy load, lighting systems can have a large impact on a facility’s bottom line.
Implementing an efficient lighting strategy is essential to continued savings, but many busy managers often overlook some of the simple measures that can have a meaningful impact on meeting your energy sustainability objectives. To help guide facility mangers through this process, consider the following checklist of steps, from assessment and planning, to execution and evaluation.
Read more at Energy Manager Today.
Energy Manager News
- At QER Roundtable, EPSA Recommends Competitive Pricing Improvements
- EPA Undeterred by Supreme Court’s Delay of Clean Power Plan
- Lux: Google, Amazon Emissions Claims Inaccurate
- FIU Again Tops in Energy Efficiency
- Invenergy Selling Wind Power to 3M
- U.S. House Subcommittee Reviews Kennedy’s Fair RATES Act
- Nevada PAC Seeks Entry into State for Retail Energy Suppliers
- Using Big Data to Help Solve the Big Building Energy Problem