Marijuana Growers Siphon Electricity From Power Lines
Awesense, a Vancouver-based company that provides sensors and software to detect energy theft, has found that marijuana growers are heavy energy consumers because they use special energy-hogging lights to make their crops grow faster indoors.
Read more at Energy Manager Today.
Energy Manager News
- Driving Energy Efficiency in Leased Commercial Space is Complicated – and Worthwhile
- Will Co-Firing Natural Gas and Coal Meet Clean Power Plan Standards?
- Pitkin County (CO) Looks for Solar Opportunities
- Solar Panels Working as Promised for Iowa Company
- China and India: Doing the Unimaginable to Address Climate Change
- Maine Solar Bill That Advocates Claim Could Save $100M Is Vetoed by Governor LePage
- Competitive Green Retailer Star Energy Partners Expands to New Jersey, Pennsylvania
- Flying High: Energy Efficiency, Renewables and Airports