Strange Bedfellows for Solar: Ted Turner, Southern Co.
CNN Television network founder and environmentalist Ted Turner has partnered with Southern Co., the second largest utility company in the US, to build huge solar farms in southwestern states like Arizona.
Turner Enterprises and Southern, both based in Atlanta, have bought five solar projects in the region, making Southern one of the utility companies with the most solar energy, Bloomberg says.
Read more at Energy Manager Today.
Stay Up-to-Date On Environmental Management, Energy & Sustainability News with EL's Free Daily Newsletter
Energy Manager News
- Embracing New Tech Is Key to Greater Energy Savings, Say Experts
- SolarCity: We Have the World’s Most Efficient Rooftop Solar Panel
- Bridgestone Arena in Nashville Switches to LEDs
- Helping Building Automation Grow
- Municipalities Could Combine Small Cell and LED Upgrades
- Holistic Approach to Energy Savings in Dublin, Ohio Schools
- NYC One Step Closer to Net-Zero Energy Goal at Wastewater Treatment Plants
- ‘Better Buildings, Better Plants’ Saves $2.4B Over Five Years