Strange Bedfellows for Solar: Ted Turner, Southern Co.
CNN Television network founder and environmentalist Ted Turner has partnered with Southern Co., the second largest utility company in the US, to build huge solar farms in southwestern states like Arizona.
Turner Enterprises and Southern, both based in Atlanta, have bought five solar projects in the region, making Southern one of the utility companies with the most solar energy, Bloomberg says.
Read more at Energy Manager Today.
Energy Manager News
- An Interesting Summer for PACE
- AAMA Offers Fenestration Course
- AEEE: Efficiency as a Resource is a Winner
- Chicago Cubs’ Wrigley Field to be Powered by Commercial Retailer ENGIE Resources
- Who Should Pay for a Utility’s Bad Business Decisions – Owners or Customers?
- Major Industries Could Be Moved By High Rates To Leave Wisconsin
- The World is About to See Whether Apple’s Solar Investment Pays Off
- BREEAM USA Takes Aim at In-Use Structures