Strange Bedfellows for Solar: Ted Turner, Southern Co.
CNN Television network founder and environmentalist Ted Turner has partnered with Southern Co., the second largest utility company in the US, to build huge solar farms in southwestern states like Arizona.
Turner Enterprises and Southern, both based in Atlanta, have bought five solar projects in the region, making Southern one of the utility companies with the most solar energy, Bloomberg says.
Read more at Energy Manager Today.
Energy Manager News
- Clauses to Consider in Green Leases
- Bahama Yacht Club to Generate Power from Solid Waste
- Duke Energy, USF Launch Solar Battery Research Initiative
- Energy Storage Helps Hotel Reduce Demand Charges by 10%
- EU Smart Campus Pilot Achieves 30% Energy Savings
- Uline to Operate 130 GenDrive Fuel Cell Units from Plug Power
- Los Angeles Shopping Center Installs 504 kW Solar
- SustainCo Wins $575,000 Contract for Energy Management Controls