Solar: Owens Corning Builds 2.6 MW On-Site, Walmart Celebrates Mass. Solar
Building materials manufacturer Owens Corning is building a 2.6 MW (DC) solar generation project at its thermal and acoustical insulation plant in Delmar, NY. Scheduled for completion in late 2013, the solar project is designed to supply more than 6 percent of the plantâ€™s annual electricity needs.
Constellation will finance, build, own and maintain the system. Electricity generated by the system will be purchased by Owens Corning under a 20-year power purchase agreement with Constellation.
Read more at Energy Manager Today.
Energy Manager News
- Teslaâ€™s Battery Storage Device Put to Use. Time to Exhale?
- Variable Speed Drives are a Powerful Efficiency Tool
- Veolia Checks Into the UKâ€™s Tallest Hotel
- Massachusetts Aims for Critical Care Resiliency
- State of Michigan and MISO Propose Retail Capacity Charge
- Breaking the Ice with Thermal Energy Storage
- Ameresco to Upgrade Federal Prison in Butner, NC
- Alpen Introduces Window Package Rated at R10 Insulation