Solar: Owens Corning Builds 2.6 MW On-Site, Walmart Celebrates Mass. Solar
Building materials manufacturer Owens Corning is building a 2.6 MW (DC) solar generation project at its thermal and acoustical insulation plant in Delmar, NY. Scheduled for completion in late 2013, the solar project is designed to supply more than 6 percent of the plantâ€™s annual electricity needs.
Constellation will finance, build, own and maintain the system. Electricity generated by the system will be purchased by Owens Corning under a 20-year power purchase agreement with Constellation.
Read more at Energy Manager Today.
Energy Manager News
- ERC Price Benchmark Trends Week Ending: October 21, 2016
- Could Cleaner Energy Save Ohio Ratepayers $50M in 2030, Alone?
- Yakima City Council Mulls Utility Rate Hike on Large Businesses to Bolster Reserve Fund
- Making Solar Inverters Smarter
- Unlocking the Power of Building Data
- Lockheed Martin Installs the GridStar Storage System at Syracuse Facility
- Schneider Electric Unveils Continuous Efficiency
- Avista Lauds â€˜Fairâ€™ Settlement in Idaho Rate Case