Solar: Owens Corning Builds 2.6 MW On-Site, Walmart Celebrates Mass. Solar
Building materials manufacturer Owens Corning is building a 2.6 MW (DC) solar generation project at its thermal and acoustical insulation plant in Delmar, NY. Scheduled for completion in late 2013, the solar project is designed to supply more than 6 percent of the plantâ€™s annual electricity needs.
Constellation will finance, build, own and maintain the system. Electricity generated by the system will be purchased by Owens Corning under a 20-year power purchase agreement with Constellation.
Read more at Energy Manager Today.
Energy Manager News
- New York City Study Conclusion: Benchmarking Works
- Behind the Meter Podcast: Keys to Energy Efficient Air Filtration
- Tecogen Lands Deal in Coney Island, NY
- SCS Provides LEDs to AZ Stores in Arizona
- New Green Advancements in Hospital Environments
- Big Island Utility Hits 5-MW Cap on Customer-Operator Rooftop Solar Credits
- Benton PUD Announces 5% Rate Hike
- Tracking the Exciting World of Solar Energy Research