Solar: Owens Corning Builds 2.6 MW On-Site, Walmart Celebrates Mass. Solar
Building materials manufacturer Owens Corning is building a 2.6 MW (DC) solar generation project at its thermal and acoustical insulation plant in Delmar, NY. Scheduled for completion in late 2013, the solar project is designed to supply more than 6 percent of the plantâ€™s annual electricity needs.
Constellation will finance, build, own and maintain the system. Electricity generated by the system will be purchased by Owens Corning under a 20-year power purchase agreement with Constellation.
Read more at Energy Manager Today.
Energy Manager News
- Mohegan Sun Pocono Casino Doesnâ€™t Consider Cogeneration a Gamble
- Clean Power Plan: Obamaâ€™s Team Confident About Pitch to Supreme Court
- BuildingIQ Introduces Managed Services
- Solar Power Breakthrough Near?
- Battery Storage Giving Businesses a Break
- Could Ratepayers Foot the Bill for New Hampshireâ€™s Pipelines?
- CenterPoint to Acquire Continuumâ€™s Retail Energy Services Division
- LED Projects Must Be Carefully Planned