Solar: Owens Corning Builds 2.6 MW On-Site, Walmart Celebrates Mass. Solar
Building materials manufacturer Owens Corning is building a 2.6 MW (DC) solar generation project at its thermal and acoustical insulation plant in Delmar, NY. Scheduled for completion in late 2013, the solar project is designed to supply more than 6 percent of the plantâ€™s annual electricity needs.
Constellation will finance, build, own and maintain the system. Electricity generated by the system will be purchased by Owens Corning under a 20-year power purchase agreement with Constellation.
Read more at Energy Manager Today.
Stay Up-to-Date On Environmental Management, Energy & Sustainability News with EL's Free Daily Newsletter
Energy Manager News
- Cooling System Eliminates Chemicals by â€˜Pulsingâ€™ the Water
- Ensuring Renewable Energy Goals Become a Reality in the Caribbean
- Dunkinâ€™ Donuts Distributor Updates with LEDs
- Grid Forecasting Tool Combines 5 Different Models
- Verizon Introduces Smart Energy-as-a-Service
- Energy Efficiency Saves $750,000 per Year for Civic Center
- Biomass Supplements Output of Geothermal Power Plant
- Schneider Uniflair LE Room Cooling Series Receives DOE Certification for Energy Efficiency