Could Solar Kill PG&E?
A blog on the Energy Collective quotes Lyndon Rive, CEO of SolarCity: â€śWeâ€™re an energy company. We install solar systems for free, and we sell the electricity at a lower rate than you can buy it from the utility. So given the option of paying more for dirty power or paying less for clean power, what would you take?â€ť
The blog goes on the postulate that Pacific Gas and Electric (PG&E), which serves most of northern California, is being threatened by solar installations because of price competition and the utilityâ€™s inability to respond to a changed competitive landscape.
Read more at Energy Manager Today.
Energy Manager News
- Behind the Meter Podcast: A New Metric for Datacenter Cooling
- The Advantages of Metal Roofs
- PACE Loan Program in Pulaski County, AK
- Online Tool Introduced in Vermont
- SWL&P Looks to Increase Electric Revenues by Over $2 Million
- Schneider Electricâ€™s NEO Network: Helping Make Efficiency Projects Real
- Efficiency Project Complete in Meriden, CT
- BuildingIQ Makes 2 Moves