Could Solar Kill PG&E?
A blog on the Energy Collective quotes Lyndon Rive, CEO of SolarCity: â€śWeâ€™re an energy company. We install solar systems for free, and we sell the electricity at a lower rate than you can buy it from the utility. So given the option of paying more for dirty power or paying less for clean power, what would you take?â€ť
The blog goes on the postulate that Pacific Gas and Electric (PG&E), which serves most of northern California, is being threatened by solar installations because of price competition and the utilityâ€™s inability to respond to a changed competitive landscape.
Read more at Energy Manager Today.
Energy Manager News
- Commercial Refrigeration Benefits from Efficiency and Environmental Efforts
- TechNavio Releases Commercial AC Report
- Dubuque Meeting Hears About Energy Audits
- Science-Based Targets Inspire a Smarter Investment Strategy in Retail
- Missouri Lawmakers Resume Debate on Utility Rate Hikes
- Wake Forest Drops Its Residential and C&I Electric Rates
- Submissions Now Accepted for Energy Manager Today Awards
- New York City Study Conclusion: Benchmarking Works