Zero Net Energy Center Houses Energy Training
The Zero Net Energy Center in San Leandro, Calif., opened last week and its owners say the commercial building retrofit meets the US Department of Energyâs requirements for a âzero net energyâ building.
The National Electrical Contractors Association (NECA) and the International Brotherhood of Electrical Workers (IBEW) retrofitted the 46,000-sq-foot structure as an educational facility for 2,000 electrical workers that will participate in a program run by IBEW Local 595 and the Northern California Chapter of NECA.
Read more at Energy Manager Today.
Energy Manager News
- TCAP to Negotiate Five-Year Electric Rates for Sherman, Texas
- Quality Power, Not Just Power, Should be the Goal
- Siemens Unveils Microgrid-as-a-Service Platform
- 18 Buildings Going Solar in D.C.
- ERC: Electricity Price Trends for the Week Ending Feb. 5
- At QER Roundtable, EPSA Recommends Competitive Pricing Improvements
- EPA Undeterred by Supreme Courtâs Delay of Clean Power Plan
- Lux: Google, Amazon Emissions Claims Inaccurate