Zero Net Energy Center Houses Energy Training
The Zero Net Energy Center in San Leandro, Calif., opened last week and its owners say the commercial building retrofit meets the US Department of Energyâ€™s requirements for a â€śzero net energyâ€ť building.
The National Electrical Contractors Association (NECA) and the International Brotherhood of Electrical Workers (IBEW) retrofitted the 46,000-sq-foot structure as an educational facility for 2,000 electrical workers that will participate in a program run by IBEW Local 595 and the Northern California Chapter of NECA.
Read more at Energy Manager Today.
Energy Manager News
- Making the IoT Work for Building Managers
- Thereâ€™s Nothing More Sacred Than Coal in Coal Country. Ask Hillary Clinton
- SunPower and the Army Work on Solar Project in Alabama
- Climate and Energy Policies Working
- ERC: Price Benchmark Trends Week Ending April 29, 2016
- Xcel Energy Files to Refund $15M to Colorado Electric Customers
- New Retail Marketplace, MassEnergyRates.com, Launches in the Bay State
- Will Utilities Lease Rooftops of Commercial Buildings for Solar Power Generation?