Utilities and Energy Services Firms: Friends or Foes?
Energy services firms are eating utilitiesâ€™ lunch in Europe, according to Reuters.
Global consulting firm Bain & Company estimates that in Germany, the four biggest electric utilities will lose about $3.3 billion by 2020 â€“ about a third of their annual operating profits from generation â€“ due to shifts in consumer spending. The spending isnâ€™t going away, itâ€™s just going toward independent energy generation sources and energy efficiency.
Read more at Energy Manager Today.
Stay Up-to-Date On Environmental Management, Energy & Sustainability News with EL's Free Daily Newsletter
Energy Manager News
- Passive-House High-Rise to be Airtight
- Greensmith Offers â€˜Second Opinionâ€™ on Energy Storage Systems
- Commercial Tankless Water Heater Handles the Demands of Business
- Booz Allen, Siemens, Power Analytics Score 16 Microgrid Projects
- NH City to Save $500,000 Annually with LED Streetlights
- Australian College Uses Energy Storage
- LED Boosts Light Output 50%, Uses Existing Drivers
- Energesco Wins Energy Efficiency Contracts for Multifamily Buildings in Maryland