Utilities and Energy Services Firms: Friends or Foes?
Energy services firms are eating utilitiesâ€™ lunch in Europe, according to Reuters.
Global consulting firm Bain & Company estimates that in Germany, the four biggest electric utilities will lose about $3.3 billion by 2020 â€“ about a third of their annual operating profits from generation â€“ due to shifts in consumer spending. The spending isnâ€™t going away, itâ€™s just going toward independent energy generation sources and energy efficiency.
Read more at Energy Manager Today.
Energy Manager News
- Clauses to Consider in Green Leases
- Bahama Yacht Club to Generate Power from Solid Waste
- Duke Energy, USF Launch Solar Battery Research Initiative
- Energy Storage Helps Hotel Reduce Demand Charges by 10%
- EU Smart Campus Pilot Achieves 30% Energy Savings
- Uline to Operate 130 GenDrive Fuel Cell Units from Plug Power
- Los Angeles Shopping Center Installs 504 kW Solar
- SustainCo Wins $575,000 Contract for Energy Management Controls