Utilities and Energy Services Firms: Friends or Foes?
Energy services firms are eating utilitiesâ€™ lunch in Europe, according to Reuters.
Global consulting firm Bain & Company estimates that in Germany, the four biggest electric utilities will lose about $3.3 billion by 2020 â€“ about a third of their annual operating profits from generation â€“ due to shifts in consumer spending. The spending isnâ€™t going away, itâ€™s just going toward independent energy generation sources and energy efficiency.
Read more at Energy Manager Today.
Energy Manager News
- Energy-as-a-Service: Charting a Path Through Complexity
- Demand Energy, EnerSys Complete Storage Project
- Lunera Intros Pathway and Entryway LED
- FPL to Buy and Phase Out Coal-Powered Plant, Saving Customers $129M
- Environmental, Health and Safety Software Moves Forward
- Johnson Controls: Interest, Investment in Energy Efficiency Up
- First-Ever Statewide Endorsement of Retail Supplier, by Delaware, Goes to Direct Energy
- Oberlin, Ohio, Ratepayers to Receive $2.2M in Rebates for Sale of RECs