Utilities and Energy Services Firms: Friends or Foes?
Energy services firms are eating utilitiesâ€™ lunch in Europe, according to Reuters.
Global consulting firm Bain & Company estimates that in Germany, the four biggest electric utilities will lose about $3.3 billion by 2020 â€“ about a third of their annual operating profits from generation â€“ due to shifts in consumer spending. The spending isnâ€™t going away, itâ€™s just going toward independent energy generation sources and energy efficiency.
Read more at Energy Manager Today.
Energy Manager News
- Two Studies Show the State of Energy Efficiency
- Phoenix Airport LED Project Moves Along
- Maine Businesses Shut Out of Power Program
- Stay Cool This Summer While Avoiding These Common Summer Pitfalls
- Coalition Seeks to Stop SCE&Gâ€™s Blank Check
- NARUC Releases DER Draft Rate Design Manual
- Behind the Meter Podcast: Pushing Sustainability, Efficiency with Green Leases
- The Tricky World of Portable Commercial Air Conditioners