Utilities and Energy Services Firms: Friends or Foes?
Energy services firms are eating utilitiesâ€™ lunch in Europe, according to Reuters.
Global consulting firm Bain & Company estimates that in Germany, the four biggest electric utilities will lose about $3.3 billion by 2020 â€“ about a third of their annual operating profits from generation â€“ due to shifts in consumer spending. The spending isnâ€™t going away, itâ€™s just going toward independent energy generation sources and energy efficiency.
Read more at Energy Manager Today.
Stay Up-to-Date On Environmental Management, Energy & Sustainability News with EL's Free Daily Newsletter
Energy Manager News
- Energy Storage in the Fast Lane
- Alberta Firm Aims for Energy Neutral Egg Laying Barn
- The Department of Energy Seeks to Improve the Better Buildings Challenge
- Behind the Meter: The Many Advantages of Energy Benchmarking
- Telecommunications Companies Upgrade Their Approaches to Energy
- Cutting Energy Use in Fire Stations
- Revolution Lighting Signs School Districts in NY, NJ
- Green Building Boom Is Pumping Billions into US Economy, Retrofits Are Fueling the Trend