Seattle Group Pilots Energy Efficiency Investment Vehicle
A group of stakeholders in Seattle have partnered to test an investment vehicle for energy efficiency that’s based on a new meter and that aligns the business interests of utilities and commercial buildings.
Asset management firm Equilibrium Capital Group has joined with utility Seattle City Light and EnergyRM, a firm that has invented the Metered Energy Efficiency Transaction Structure (MEETS). For the past five years, Equilibrium Capital has worked with EnergyRM in creating MEETS to shape a new transaction structure that will allow energy efficiency to be an investment vehicle.
Read more at Energy Manager Today.
Stay Up-to-Date On Environmental Management, Energy & Sustainability News with EL's Free Daily Newsletter
Energy Manager News
- Energy Storage in the Fast Lane
- Alberta Firm Aims for Energy Neutral Egg Laying Barn
- The Department of Energy Seeks to Improve the Better Buildings Challenge
- Behind the Meter: The Many Advantages of Energy Benchmarking
- Telecommunications Companies Upgrade Their Approaches to Energy
- Cutting Energy Use in Fire Stations
- Revolution Lighting Signs School Districts in NY, NJ
- Green Building Boom Is Pumping Billions into US Economy, Retrofits Are Fueling the Trend