Standards & Compliance Briefing: R2, WEEE, Roofing, E-Stewards
R2 Solutions announced that its revised electronics recycling standard, R2:2013, will launch July 1. New provisions require facilities to have an approved environmental, health and safety management system, emphasize reuse of discarded electronics and improve downstream tracking. The new standard also enhances export requirements to comply with export and import laws of all participating countries.
The UK could save up to £64m a year if the government chooses to match Waste Electrical and Electronic Equipment (WEEE) collection sites to compliance schemes, according to a report commissioned by Hewlett Packard. The matching proposal is one of four options in the government’s WEEE consultation paper, Workplace Law reports.
QED Environmental Systems, a TestAmerica company, said its E-Z Tray Air Strippers have earned certification under the NSF/ANSI Standard 61: Drinking Water System Components – Health Effects. QED manufactures air-powered pumping systems for groundwater sampling, remediation and landfill liquids management.
Sika Sarnafil says it is the first manufacturer to achieve platinum certification to the NSF/ANSI 347 Sustainability Assessment for Single Ply Roofing Membranes, for its S327 and G410 roofing membranes. The standard evaluates roofing membrane products against criteria in product design, manufacturing, membrane durability, corporate governance and innovation.
DP Electronic Recycling is now a certified e-Stewards Recycler. The company specializes in end-of-life recycling, asset management, data destruction, and electronic purchasing options.
Turbon Group announced that it has received R2:2008 and OHSAS 18001:2007 certifications for recycling and health and safety, along with recertification to ISO 14001 for environmental stewardship. Turbon says it is the only collector and remanufacturer of laser toner cartridges to achieve all three of these certifications.
Energy Manager News
- Better Buildings, Better Plants: 12 Success Stories
- CA Governor Signs Bill Clarifying PACE Disclosures
- CA School District to Get 73% of Energy From Solar Carports
- Two Critical Questions to Ask Yourself About Your Current Energy Contract
- Pepco and Exelon Say Customers Have Benefitted$440 Million Since Merger
- ICC Issues Stringent Consumer Protection Rules For Retail Electric Suppliers
- Tesla’s Battery Storage Device Put to Use. Time to Exhale?
- Variable Speed Drives are a Powerful Efficiency Tool