Corporate Knights Launches Sustainability Ranker App
CK Ranker, now available through Apple’s App Store and designed to work on all iPhone and iPad devices, walks the user through a series of steps designed to match a company’s information with 12 key performance indicators that assess resource productivity (energy, water, waste, emissions), management diversity, sustainability commitment, governance and workplace safety. Together, these indicators offer a picture of the most environmentally and socially responsible companies on the planet, Corporate Knight says.
Once questions are answered, the app creates a score for the company and can rank that score against one of three lists that Corporate Knights has published annually for more than five years: the Global 100 Most Sustainable Companies in the World, the Best 50 Corporate Citizens in Canada, and the S&P 500 Sustainability Ranking. These lists represent a universe of more than 2,000 large publicly traded companies. Hundreds of thousands not captured in this universe can now see how they measure up.
The first 1,000 downloads of CK Ranker are available for free from the App Store, after which the basic version will sell for $2.99. CK Ranker Pro, which lets users create, export and save multiple scenarios and do industry- and indictor-specific comparisons, sells for $9.99 as an in-app purchase. Android-compatibility is in the works.
Energy Manager News
- EPA Undeterred by Supreme Court’s Delay of Clean Power Plan
- Lux: Google, Amazon Emissions Claims Inaccurate
- FIU Again Tops in Energy Efficiency
- Invenergy Selling Wind Power to 3M
- U.S. House Subcommittee Reviews Kennedy’s Fair RATES Act
- Nevada PAC Seeks Entry into State for Retail Energy Suppliers
- Using Big Data to Help Solve the Big Building Energy Problem
- Smart Computer Use Hikes Energy Efficiency