Corporate Knights Launches Sustainability Ranker App
Corporate Knights has launched CK Ranker, a mobile app that lets any company assess its sustainability performance and rank itself against the world’s biggest and best performing companies.
CK Ranker, now available through Apple’s App Store and designed to work on all iPhone and iPad devices, walks the user through a series of steps designed to match a company’s information with 12 key performance indicators that assess resource productivity (energy, water, waste, emissions), management diversity, sustainability commitment, governance and workplace safety. Together, these indicators offer a picture of the most environmentally and socially responsible companies on the planet, Corporate Knight says.
Once questions are answered, the app creates a score for the company and can rank that score against one of three lists that Corporate Knights has published annually for more than five years: the Global 100 Most Sustainable Companies in the World, the Best 50 Corporate Citizens in Canada, and the S&P 500 Sustainability Ranking. These lists represent a universe of more than 2,000 large publicly traded companies. Hundreds of thousands not captured in this universe can now see how they measure up.
The first 1,000 downloads of CK Ranker are available for free from the App Store, after which the basic version will sell for $2.99. CK Ranker Pro, which lets users create, export and save multiple scenarios and do industry- and indictor-specific comparisons, sells for $9.99 as an in-app purchase. Android-compatibility is in the works.
Energy Manager News
- Commercial Refrigeration Benefits from Efficiency and Environmental Efforts
- TechNavio Releases Commercial AC Report
- Dubuque Meeting Hears About Energy Audits
- Science-Based Targets Inspire a Smarter Investment Strategy in Retail
- Missouri Lawmakers Resume Debate on Utility Rate Hikes
- Wake Forest Drops Its Residential and C&I Electric Rates
- Submissions Now Accepted for Energy Manager Today Awards
- New York City Study Conclusion: Benchmarking Works