Corporate Knights Launches Sustainability Ranker App
CK Ranker, now available through Apple’s App Store and designed to work on all iPhone and iPad devices, walks the user through a series of steps designed to match a company’s information with 12 key performance indicators that assess resource productivity (energy, water, waste, emissions), management diversity, sustainability commitment, governance and workplace safety. Together, these indicators offer a picture of the most environmentally and socially responsible companies on the planet, Corporate Knight says.
Once questions are answered, the app creates a score for the company and can rank that score against one of three lists that Corporate Knights has published annually for more than five years: the Global 100 Most Sustainable Companies in the World, the Best 50 Corporate Citizens in Canada, and the S&P 500 Sustainability Ranking. These lists represent a universe of more than 2,000 large publicly traded companies. Hundreds of thousands not captured in this universe can now see how they measure up.
The first 1,000 downloads of CK Ranker are available for free from the App Store, after which the basic version will sell for $2.99. CK Ranker Pro, which lets users create, export and save multiple scenarios and do industry- and indictor-specific comparisons, sells for $9.99 as an in-app purchase. Android-compatibility is in the works.
Energy Manager News
- Advances and Challenges for the Bioenergy Sector
- From Coal Plant to Battery Storage Facility
- Hubbell Introduces ASL LED
- Two Laws Set an Aggressive Energy Course for California
- Singapore Testing Floating Solar Panels
- Daikin Takes a Minority Stake in Riptide IO
- The Forecast is Good for the Solar Industry
- Honeywell Upgrading Rock Island Arsenal Garrison