Obama Energy Plan Could Impact Buildings, Appliances
Obama’s senior energy and climate adviser, Heather Zichal, said parts of the plan will boost the energy efficiency of appliances and buildings, plus expand renewable energy, according to the Associated Press. More contentiously, Zichal also said the EPA would use its authority under the Clean Air Act to regulate emissions from coal-fired power plants. But Zichal indicated that none of the plan would require new legislation or funding.
Read more at Energy Manager Today.
Energy Manager News
- Flying High: Energy Efficiency, Renewables and Airports
- Want a Green and Energy Conscious Business? Try These Ideas
- Beazer Homes Wins Energy Star Award
- Infineon Unveils Integrated LED
- FMPA: Power Costs Expected to Dwindle 30% to 40% Within Years
- Name-Dropping: CUB and Illinois AG Say Nicor Advanced Energy Should Change Identity
- Saving Energy – In the Restroom
- UAB Getting First Solar Array