Obama Energy Plan Could Impact Buildings, Appliances
Obama’s senior energy and climate adviser, Heather Zichal, said parts of the plan will boost the energy efficiency of appliances and buildings, plus expand renewable energy, according to the Associated Press. More contentiously, Zichal also said the EPA would use its authority under the Clean Air Act to regulate emissions from coal-fired power plants. But Zichal indicated that none of the plan would require new legislation or funding.
Read more at Energy Manager Today.
Energy Manager News
- Clauses to Consider in Green Leases
- Bahama Yacht Club to Generate Power from Solid Waste
- Duke Energy, USF Launch Solar Battery Research Initiative
- Energy Storage Helps Hotel Reduce Demand Charges by 10%
- EU Smart Campus Pilot Achieves 30% Energy Savings
- Uline to Operate 130 GenDrive Fuel Cell Units from Plug Power
- Los Angeles Shopping Center Installs 504 kW Solar
- SustainCo Wins $575,000 Contract for Energy Management Controls