Barrett Capital Bankrolls Co-op City Lighting Retrofit
After conducting an independent audit, Barrett Capital Corporation financed $2 million of a $3 million lighting retrofit at Co-op City, in the Bronx, NY. Co-op City is a cooperative housing development with over 15,000 units and a population of 55,000.
The housing development wanted to replace its existing light fixtures in its eight parking garages with energy efficient lighting at a cost of about $3 million. The new lights would save Co-op City about $300,000 annually on its electric bill as well as save energy.
Read more at Energy Manager Today.
Stay Up-to-Date On Environmental Management, Energy & Sustainability News with EL's Free Daily Newsletter
Energy Manager News
- Passive-House High-Rise to be Airtight
- Greensmith Offers ‘Second Opinion’ on Energy Storage Systems
- Commercial Tankless Water Heater Handles the Demands of Business
- Booz Allen, Siemens, Power Analytics Score 16 Microgrid Projects
- NH City to Save $500,000 Annually with LED Streetlights
- Australian College Uses Energy Storage
- LED Boosts Light Output 50%, Uses Existing Drivers
- Energesco Wins Energy Efficiency Contracts for Multifamily Buildings in Maryland