Barrett Capital Bankrolls Co-op City Lighting Retrofit
After conducting an independent audit, Barrett Capital Corporation financed $2 million of a $3 million lighting retrofit at Co-op City, in the Bronx, NY. Co-op City is a cooperative housing development with over 15,000 units and a population of 55,000.
The housing development wanted to replace its existing light fixtures in its eight parking garages with energy efficient lighting at a cost of about $3 million. The new lights would save Co-op City about $300,000 annually on its electric bill as well as save energy.
Read more at Energy Manager Today.
Stay Up-to-Date On Environmental Management, Energy & Sustainability News with EL's Free Daily Newsletter
Energy Manager News
- Bridgewater, MA, Gets $231,000 Efficiency Grant
- Biomass Group Studies Role in Clean Power Plan
- Rockleigh Borough Installing LEDs, Low Energy AC
- PHG to Build Big Gasification Plant for Sevier Solid Waste
- Energy Profile of Commercial Buildings Changing
- Smart Meter Market Surging
- Modular Data Centers Cut Construction Costs
- Failure to Build Energy Infrastructure Could Cost New England $5.4B