Data Centers Could Run Out Of Space, Power By 2014
Skyrocketing amounts of data create such constant demands that most¬†executives feel some of their organizations‚Äô¬†data centers will run out of power, cooling, or space by the end of 2014, according to a study by Siemens, UBM Tech and Information Week Marketing Services. However, because of budget issues, most respondents will not invest in new data centers, but are planning on upgrading existing facilities.
The growing concerns about space constraints, power usage, cooling loads and physical security have led to a¬†notable trend ‚Äď the emerging nexus between facilities management and information technology management, two areas that were typically treated as distinct silos within an organization.
Read more at Energy Manager Today.
Energy Manager News
- At QER Roundtable, EPSA Recommends Competitive Pricing Improvements
- EPA Undeterred by Supreme Court‚Äôs Delay of Clean Power Plan
- Lux: Google, Amazon Emissions Claims Inaccurate
- FIU Again Tops in Energy Efficiency
- Invenergy Selling Wind Power to 3M
- U.S. House Subcommittee Reviews Kennedy‚Äôs Fair RATES Act
- Nevada PAC Seeks Entry into State for Retail Energy Suppliers
- Using Big Data to Help Solve the Big Building Energy Problem